Problem with the "Service" functions

Eugene

Re: Problem with Services after upgrade to 64 Bit Version

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Arthur Dent wrote:
I recently upgraded from 1.14.3 to 1.50.3 (64-bit). Works great with HD videos now which did not transcode fast enough in the old versions.

But with the upgrade I got a problem with the "Service" functions like "Restart Server", "Enter Password", "Scan Folders".
In the past I saw that green check mark on my TV screen and the function was performed. Since the upgrade a get a "Failure showing the media" text, instead.
It seems that the checkmark cannot be shown. Subsequently the chosen function is also not performed.

Maybe the checkmark file is not in the expected location?
Probably problem with the rights to subdirectories of program for group SYSTEM. I have no problems with "Restart Server" (64-bit)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Arthur Dent wrote:
Probably problem with the rights to subdirectories of program for group SYSTEM
I checked, access rights are OK. I deinstalled WMS and made a clean install with the 1.50.3 (64-bit). It still doesn't work.

So I checked the log file and I have a theory:
When I click on "Scan Folder", the server sends the "videook.mp4" to the TV. But it doesn't transcode it.
My TV is not capable to show mp4, only mpeg2.

There's also a "videook.mpg" in a subfolder of the program folder. Is it possible that the older version sent that file to the device?
Can I tell the new version 1.50.3 to use the mpg?
Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - "Support for files without transcoding" - Movies - add mpg
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Arthur Dent wrote:
Eugene wrote: Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - "Support for files without transcoding" - Movies - add mpg
Thanks, that actually worked. But it caused another problem again. See the thread at
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... =14&t=1445

It seems that my TV is very picky with regards to streamed video. Most of my little mpg-clips cannot be viewed, if I use that setting above. They need to be transcoded to mpg using the settings in the transcoder window.

I solved that problem by renaming all *.mpg videos to *.mpeg.
It's a workaround. You might consider using videook.mp4 or videook.mpg based on the transcoder settings, not the device settings.
Another a workaround.

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - "File types" - mpg - Edit - "Additional verification of support files" - Add - Condition - Edit
Expression - True - Ok - "Transcoding profile" - "Movies (primary)" - activate condition - Ok - Close - Ok - Ok
mpg_verification.jpg
mpg_verification.jpg (78.38 KiB) Viewed 8319 times