WMS transcodes all files except MPG and MPEG

Eugene

Re: WMS transcodes all files except MPG and MPEG

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Arthur Dent wrote:
I have a Toshiba Regza TV and use 'Toshiba - WX800U (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080)' as base setting.
The Transcoder is set to File Format: MPEG (DVD), Codec: MPEG2. No other settings work with that TV.

In the "Support for files without transcoding" section I entered a '*' for Movies.

The problem is: Alle movie types play without problem on the TV: FLV, MOV, AVI, WMV. But not MPG.
For MPG my TV displays an error. When I look into the temporary files directory, I see a file appearing whenever I play a movie.
But not for MPG. It seems that MPG files are sent directly to TV without transcoding.

Does anybody have an idea which setting I have to change to have MPG transcoded as well?

TIA,
Arthur Dent
Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - check the settings
* - disable transcoding at all
Eugene

Re: WMS transcodes all files except MPG and MPEG

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Arthur Dent wrote:
Eugene wrote:Hi,

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - check the settings
* - disable transcoding at all

Thanks, Eugene. I misunderstood the meaning of "*". I left that field empty and now it works.

FYI, nevertheless I had a hard time getting that to work. I usually log on to my computer in a restriced account, not an admisitrator account.
But in that account changes to "Support for files without transcoding" have no effect. It looks like they are stored, but the transcoder does not behave differently.
Starting the WMS GUI as Administrator in the restricted Account did not help either.
I actually had to log on to my computer as Administrator and do the changes in that account, then they have effect.

CU,
Arthur Dent
Settings - Additional - try turn off "Install Windows service"