Caution with User acounts and Remote Desktop

Holmesy

Re: Caution with User acounts and Remote Desktop

Post by Holmesy »

Hi Eugene

Could you help me tweak this profile : Sony BDP-S370/S470/S570/S770 (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)

I'm getting some sound drop out, slowing sound and stuttering frames playing Blueray content from the transcoding folders. However, it's quite watchable and only suffers from this problem with complex sound, dialogue or music.

Sony BD Player S570
I'm using Movie TsMuxer (m2ts & mkv - if DTS then AC3) so audio OK on non DTS LG TV
Wired (not wifi)
Crazy PC - i7 6GB RAM, Stripped SSD drives. 2 GB of RAM committed and CPU not doing anything.
Getting a little frame stuttering from pre transcoded MKV AC3s
NIC output 20-35mbits using WMS

I have had transcoded MKVs playing smoothly on other 'inferior tools' with the NIC running between 40-70mbits
Basically, I confident about the server and the wires..

Got a felling it could be packet size or something like that

What do you think?

Andy
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

I think it is necessary to pay attention to video encoding (H264 or MPEG2). In my experience (Sony BDP-S470), Sony players are limited in playback of the original Blueray (1920x1080, H264, AC3) on the network (it does not depend on the server). I'll check this on latest firmware version, but previous experience has been like this.
Holmesy wrote: Could you help me tweak this profile : Sony BDP-S370/S470/S570/S770 (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)

I'm getting some sound drop out, slowing sound and stuttering frames playing Blueray content from the transcoding folders. However, it's quite watchable and only suffers from this problem with complex sound, dialogue or music.

Sony BD Player S570
I'm using Movie TsMuxer (m2ts & mkv - if DTS then AC3) so audio OK on non DTS LG TV
Wired (not wifi)
Crazy PC - i7 6GB RAM, Stripped SSD drives. 2 GB of RAM committed and CPU not doing anything.
Getting a little frame stuttering from pre transcoded MKV AC3s
NIC output 20-35mbits using WMS

I have had transcoded MKVs playing smoothly on other 'inferior tools' with the NIC running between 40-70mbits
Basically, I confident about the server and the wires..

Got a felling it could be packet size or something like that

What do you think?

Andy
Holmesy

Post by Holmesy »

thx once again
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Unfortunately, problems with sound and video are still exists