Caution with User acounts and Remote Desktop

Holmesy

Caution with User acounts and Remote Desktop

Post by Holmesy »

SOLUTION
I was pulling my hair out trying to get the product working – trying to transcode MKV & m2ts (DTS>AC3) for an LGTV LE8900.

I got it to work occasionally and then other times the transcoding cmd dialogue would open and close instantly and the dreaded ‘invalid file’ message or simply bounce back to the menu.

Cracked it – now I’m no sys admin or network guru but I was logged onto the WMS Computer via RDP. Every time I was tweaking and restarting the server I guess it was using the logged in user account. I’m now running it as a windows service and it is working perfectly. – although I don’t have visibility over the cmd transcoding windows anymore via RDP.

..anyone got any best practice for user / service account creation under Windows 7?

…might try checking ‘Run as Administrator’ on all the transcoding exe’s as well.

HELP NEEDED
I’m still having a problem when moving through a film (HD 1920 x 1080). When ever I try and forward a few chapters the loading Icon appears for a few seconds and then it jumps to the next file in the folder or back to the menu. Fast forward (on screen seek) is OK. Tried 'Chunked' and 'by time' but they stop the programme working.

Keep up the good work WMS devs!!
Eugene

Re: Caution with User acounts and Remote Desktop

Post by Eugene »

Holmesy wrote:SOLUTION
I was pulling my hair out trying to get the product working – trying to transcode MKV & m2ts (DTS>AC3) for an LGTV LE8900.

I got it to work occasionally and then other times the transcoding cmd dialogue would open and close instantly and the dreaded ‘invalid file’ message or simply bounce back to the menu.

Cracked it – now I’m no sys admin or network guru but I was logged onto the WMS Computer via RDP. Every time I was tweaking and restarting the server I guess it was using the logged in user account. I’m now running it as a windows service and it is working perfectly. – although I don’t have visibility over the cmd transcoding windows anymore via RDP.

..anyone got any best practice for user / service account creation under Windows 7?

…might try checking ‘Run as Administrator’ on all the transcoding exe’s as well.
Settings - Transcoder - untick "Show transcoder console window"
Holmesy wrote: HELP NEEDED
I’m still having a problem when moving through a film (HD 1920 x 1080). When ever I try and forward a few chapters the loading Icon appears for a few seconds and then it jumps to the next file in the folder or back to the menu. Fast forward (on screen seek) is OK. Tried 'Chunked' and 'by time' but they stop the programme working.
You can choose to play from any minute via the folder Transcoding.
Holmesy

Post by Holmesy »

Thx for the quick response..

Tried from the Transcoding folder and still not working..

tried

All Movies\Transcoding\Film Name\00001.mpls - 01:33:41\(T) 00001.mpls - 01:33:41
All Movies\Transcoding\Film Name\00001.mpls - 01:33:41\Items\(T)00001.mpls - 01:33:41
All Movies\Transcoding\Media resource folders\..\..\STREAM\(T) (*) (Eng) Film Name - 00001.m2ts - - 01:33:41 (1 track)

They all play perfectly but just crash when trying to advance forward using the TV remote control.

One strange thing the duration of the film is never shown correctly on the on screen display on the TV - It always shows around 5-10 minutes in duration, regardless of whether I am playing a single 2hr 30GB m2ts or the mpls

Kind regards..
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Holmesy wrote:Thx for the quick response..

Tried from the Transcoding folder and still not working..

tried

All Movies\Transcoding\Film Name\00001.mpls - 01:33:41\(T) 00001.mpls - 01:33:41
All Movies\Transcoding\Film Name\00001.mpls - 01:33:41\Items\(T)00001.mpls - 01:33:41
All Movies\Transcoding\Media resource folders\..\..\STREAM\(T) (*) (Eng) Film Name - 00001.m2ts - - 01:33:41 (1 track)

They all play perfectly but just crash when trying to advance forward using the TV remote control.
BDMV-streams based on pipes, that does not support seeking. So, you can not use the forwarding in transcoding, but you can choose playback in the folder Chapters.
Holmesy wrote: One strange thing the duration of the film is never shown correctly on the on screen display on the TV - It always shows around 5-10 minutes in duration, regardless of whether I am playing a single 2hr 30GB m2ts or the mpls
Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - Transcoder - "Codecs, frame" - what file format is selected ?
Holmesy

Post by Holmesy »

Been scared to touch anything here ;)

File format (Container) - MPEG (DVD)
Video Codec - MPEG2 15,000,000
Audio AC3 448,000
Frame size 720 x 406 (minimum, fit to the screen)
I've checked all Frames sizes

thx
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Holmesy wrote:Been scared to touch anything here ;)

File format (Container) - MPEG (DVD)
Video Codec - MPEG2 15,000,000
Audio AC3 448,000
Frame size 720 x 406 (minimum, fit to the screen)
I've checked all Frames sizes

thx
I'm not sure, that the transcoding on the fly will work with LG TV 2010, but you can try Pre-transcoding (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... &f=3#p3301), without video transcoding (H264, MPEG2), it's must be quickly.

P.S. The transcoding profile "Movies (remux)"
Holmesy

Post by Holmesy »

That's a shame as it transcodes fine, but I have no control over the movie, I'll try the chapters.

TV spec is DNLA 1.5 LG LE8900
Supported formats:

Movie(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*.dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.dvix/*.avi/*.asf/*.wmv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*.mp4(motionjpeg)/*.
mkv(motion-jpeg))supporting file

Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2,
Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1, JPEG, Sorenson H.263

Audio format : Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg, MP3, LPCM, HE-AAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)

So, another idea - I also have a Sony BD 570. I'm going to spend some time trying this.

I've registered the device, got the green circle, the right profile, set as default device but can't see WMS server in the Sony menu.

I'mm still in trial mode - Can I switch between devices?

thx
Holmesy

Post by Holmesy »

Ignore - Sony connection issue - 'It was hidden in the Menu' :oops:

Eugene - any good dev resources for profile building or scrapping a devices capabilities?

many thx

I think I need to spend my 40 bucks!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Holmesy wrote: Eugene - any good dev resources for profile building or scrapping a devices capabilities?
All settings can be modified through the program interface. Device configuration: Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings.

The minimal configuration - it's "Embedded file support", more fine-tuning - it's "File types" ("Additional verification of support files")

Device capabilities: user manual, http://www.dlna.org (very superficially), if the device supports Media Renderer functions, then you can use "The Developer Tools for UPnP™ Technologies " - http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp:
Device Spy - choose a device - "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager" - "Get Protocol Info" - double click - "Invoke" - Sink
Holmesy

Post by Holmesy »

Thanks Eugene..

Having much more luck with the Sony BluRay BD 570 - chapters work as well.

Just purchased 2 licenses :) one for the Sony & one for LG

Kind regards