Fix WTV support

WeBe

Fix WTV support

Post by WeBe »

Hi,

WTV files do not transcode on at least Samsung TV's. Now that I have upgraded my Home Server to 2011, this was my top 1 feature that I looked forward to use. However, it doesn't work. Using the built-in dlna (Windows Media) works with the Samsung, although the transcoding is very poor with that, and there is no way to control it.
So please, fix this.

regards,
Staffan
Eugene

Re: Fix WTV support

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

I have a few test wtv-files, no problem (Samsung TV, "Samsung Features TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)")
WeBe

Post by WeBe »

Well, I have a Samsung UE46B7070 and of course I'm using the Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080) profile. But I doubt that would matter, because neither of the profiles state that the TV supports WTV. So, WMS should transcode when the TV requests such a file, but the TV seems to think that it should transcode it itself.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - Type - click "Restore from the distribution kit"
WeBe

Post by WeBe »

UPDATE: It works when using WMS in "Program" mode, but not when installing it as a service. I really want this to work when using it as a service. I don't want to stay logged in on the server.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

WeBe wrote:UPDATE: It works when using WMS in "Program" mode, but not when installing it as a service. I really want this to work when using it as a service. I don't want to stay logged in on the server.
In this case, the mode does not matter
WeBe

Post by WeBe »

Eugene wrote:
WeBe wrote:UPDATE: It works when using WMS in "Program" mode, but not when installing it as a service. I really want this to work when using it as a service. I don't want to stay logged in on the server.
What do you mean by that? That it's confirmed not to work when used as a service?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

WeBe wrote:
Eugene wrote:
What do you mean by that? That it's confirmed not to work when used as a service?
What version of the program do you use?
WeBe

Post by WeBe »

It's version 1.09.1
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

WeBe wrote:It's version 1.09.1
This version have the problem with transcoding on Windows x64 (Service Mode)