LG 42LX6500 configuration

Eugene

Re: LG 42LX6500 configuration

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kikorro28 wrote: I have just tested both cases you have said, and none of them is working: "Invalid File" in both cases.
Transcoding started in "Transcoding panel" (after selecting the playback on TV) ?
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Eugene,

I have done this:
1. Create the folder C:\LgTest
2. Download file http://www.wildmediaserver.com/test/Wildlife.wmv and copy to the folder "C:\LgTest"
3. WMS - Settings - "Media-resources" - "Folder list" - Add - C:\LgTest - Scan
4. LG TV - WMS (...) - Movies - Transcoding - "Media resources folders" - "LGTest" - "(T) Wildlife.wmv" - play "(T) Wildlife.wmv"
But after starting the playback on TV I have not watched the "Transcoding Panel". I will check when I will be at home what information is written on "Transcoding Panel" and I will post it,ok?.

Thanks
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

kikorro28 wrote:Eugene,

I have done this:
1. Create the folder C:\LgTest
2. Download file http://www.wildmediaserver.com/test/Wildlife.wmv and copy to the folder "C:\LgTest"
3. WMS - Settings - "Media-resources" - "Folder list" - Add - C:\LgTest - Scan
4. LG TV - WMS (...) - Movies - Transcoding - "Media resources folders" - "LGTest" - "(T) Wildlife.wmv" - play "(T) Wildlife.wmv"
But after starting the playback on TV I have not watched the "Transcoding Panel". I will check when I will be at home what information is written on "Transcoding Panel" and I will post it,ok?.

Thanks
No problems, at your convenience
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Another solution for me :)

Settings - Devices - LG TV - Settings - Type: rename to "My TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"; Transcoder - "Codecs, frame" - "File format (container)" - "MPEG (DVD)" - Ok - Ok - Restart server
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,
Transcoding started in "Transcoding panel" (after selecting the playback on TV) ?
Yes, transcoding process starts despite of the "Invalid File" message shown on TV. In fact I have tried also with bigger files and the transcoding process remains working until the end of the file (for example, if it is a movie of 1'30h, it transcodes the whole movie), despite the error message on the TV is shown at the very begining of the playback (nothing of the movie transcoded is shown on the TV, of course).
Another solution for me :)

Settings - Devices - LG TV - Settings - Type: rename to "My TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"; Transcoder - "Codecs, frame" - "File format (container)" - "MPEG (DVD)" - Ok - Ok - Restart server
Same behavior than the previous above.

Just one thing to mention. The BBC Panorama link you provided some posts ago is very slow to load and begin (at least on my internet conection takes 15 seconds more or less). During this time, the TV shows a waiting message (not the "Invalid Fle" message), and just when these 15 seconds have past and the transcoding process begins, is when the "Invalid File" message is shown; so seems that the hypothesis that the problem could be located where Zebulon and me are thinking: in the verification of the file integrity before starting to load or its parameters (size,etc.)... Could it be?

Thanks,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

You have a very choosy version of LG-firmware :)

Yes, the TV tries to determine the duration of the video, for the transcoded content it's failed.
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,
Yes, the TV tries to determine the duration of the video, for the transcoded content it's failed.
Do you think is possible to implement a software "trick" in WMS that can be able to make the TV believe that it is a normal file (with its duration and all the staff)?...if not, is there anything else can I try?

Thank you in advance,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kikorro28 wrote: Do you think is possible to implement a software "trick" in WMS that can be able to make the TV believe that it is a normal file (with its duration and all the staff)?...if not, is there anything else can I try?
Software "trick" in this mode
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,

I tried these configurations and like I said, are not working. So, there is nothing else to try?. Wild Media Server is not going to be able to work with 2010 LG TVs?

Thanks,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kikorro28 wrote: I tried these configurations and like I said, are not working. So, there is nothing else to try?. Wild Media Server is not going to be able to work with 2010 LG TVs?
I do not have a sufficient statistic for this claim