LG 42LX6500 configuration

Eugene

Re: LG 42LX6500 configuration

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - Type - "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" ?

Playback of movies via the folder "Transcoding" is working ?
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello,

Yes, I have chosen "Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - Type - "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)", for my 15 trial registered Device (you have provided me a 15 days more trial linked to my LG 42LX6500 device code)

I am not really sure what you mean with this question: "Playback of movies via the folder "Transcoding" is working ?". Could you check if you are refering to the following...(if not, please advide)

What I have done is:

1) Added "Transcoder"-"Temporary files directory" to "Media-Resorces" folders list (that is, I want the server to be able to find the test transcoding files that are generated)
2) Executed the "test transcoding" with the internet tv link added. A video file is generated on trancoding temporaly folder and I can see its size growing.
3) When I cancel "test transcoding", the file generated under "Transcoder"-"Temporary files directory" plays without problems.

If I am not wrong,with this, what is assured is that the transcoding parameters are ok and the TV is able to reproduce the kind of files generated. But unfortunatlly, when I want to play the link via WMS internet TV folder, the TV shows "Invalid File". I have tried to use the file generated on "test transcoding" like a splash file, but it does not work; the TV shows the famous "Invalid File".

Any ideas?.

Thank you for your support
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kikorro28 wrote: What I have done is:

1) Added "Transcoder"-"Temporary files directory" to "Media-Resorces" folders list (that is, I want the server to be able to find the test transcoding files that are generated)
2) Executed the "test transcoding" with the internet tv link added. A video file is generated on trancoding temporaly folder and I can see its size growing.
3) When I cancel "test transcoding", the file generated under "Transcoder"-"Temporary files directory" plays without problems.
Just select the playback of any file via the folder Transcoding.
kikorro28 wrote: If I am not wrong,with this, what is assured is that the transcoding parameters are ok and the TV is able to reproduce the kind of files generated. But unfortunatlly, when I want to play the link via WMS internet TV folder, the TV shows "Invalid File". I have tried to use the file generated on "test transcoding" like a splash file, but it does not work; the TV shows the famous "Invalid File".
Probably the problem with splash.

CCTV http://www.wcetv.com/asx/LIB/LIB100247_v5.asx is working ?
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Eugene,

I am not sure if I understood what I have to do when you say "Just select the playback of any file via the folder Transcoding". Are you telling me to do the following?:
-From TV, I select the stream under "internet tv" folder, this will give the "Invalid File" error, but the transcoding process will begin, rigth?...after this, I have to go to "Transcoding" folder and there I will find the file being transcoded and try to play it... this is what you mean?

Relatively to the Splash, I will try with the link you have provided. But I have to say that I only would like to use splash "trick" if there is no other possibility.

Again thank you for your fast reply,
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Eugene,

Please could you confirm me if what I need to do/try is what I explained on my previous message?. In case I was wrong, please, could you explain me in more how to proceed to "playback internet tv via the folder Transcoding"?.

Thank you very much,
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello again,

After a little bit confusion from my part; I have been finally able to try to play internet tv via "Transcoding" folder, and the "Invalid File" error is still present.

All the other features seems to work ok (movies, DVds, etc), like before; but I am not beeing able to make work the more interesting feature offered by Wild Media Server, that is: redirecting on-line contents to my TV.

Seems like the "Invalid File" error message could be related to any time-out on the sending procotcol or something like that, could it be?. In any case, can I adjust anything in WMS in order to make it work?. Please tell me what can I try next.

My trial expires next Friday, and I would like to make it work before in order to buy your product.

Thank you in advance,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kikorro28 wrote: After a little bit confusion from my part; I have been finally able to try to play internet tv via "Transcoding" folder, and the "Invalid File" error is still present.

All the other features seems to work ok (movies, DVds, etc), like before;
Work ok via the folder Transcoding too ?
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,

I had not tried this before, but I have just tried rigth now. Normal movies that are played without problems via "All movies" folder, when played via "Transcoding" folder do not work, showing the famous "Invalid File" error, so seems is not only related with internet tv....this give you more information about what it is happenning?

Thank you,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

Seems LG TVs 2010 have a problem, which is not in LG TVs 2011. I will try to make another variant of solution this problem, but will it work on LG TV in 2010, I do not know.

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/buy.php

4. If you do not have enough trial period to test the program or if you have already bought a license and want to test it out with another device(s), you can apply by mail info@wildmediaserver.com for a free activation code on 15 days (required the Device Code(s)).
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Thanks Eugene,

So I will be waiting for the Wild Media Server compatible with 2010 LG TVs you have mentioned. I offer myself like beta tester ;-).
Please, tell inform as soon as you have finished this software,ok?

If it is necessary, I will demand you a new 15 trial license for my LG 42LX6500 device in order to try the WMS compatible with 2010 LG TVs.

Again, thank you for your support and continuous development,

I remain waiting for your news.