LG 42LX6500 configuration

Eugene

Re: LG 42LX6500 configuration

Post by Eugene »

kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Thank you very much Eugene,

I will try as soon as I get a new 15 days trial for my device. I will post the results here.

So far, what I need to do to test the compatinbility with 2010 LG TVs?; Only choose "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" (with the new changes), or I have to change anything else?.

Again thank you for your great support,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

kikorro28 wrote: So far, what I need to do to test the compatinbility with 2010 LG TVs?; Only choose "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" (with the new changes)
Yes, use "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello again,

I have tried the new "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" that comes with 1.10.1 Wild Media Server version, and the problem still remain on my LG 42LX6500 (is a 2010 TV). Trying to play any kind of content via "Transcoding" folder, always end with "Invalid File" error. Can I try anything else; any other parameters or configurations?

Thank you,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kikorro28 wrote: I have tried the new "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" that comes with 1.10.1 Wild Media Server version, and the problem still remain on my LG 42LX6500 (is a 2010 TV). Trying to play any kind of content via "Transcoding" folder, always end with "Invalid File" error. Can I try anything else; any other parameters or configurations?
You can try to play normal (not Internet) files via the folder Transcoding with other configurations. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the problem LG TVs 2010.
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,

Why do you say "normal (not internet) files"?. Is there any difrence between "internet tv" transcoding and a local movie transcoding?. Are you meaning that I am not going to be able to play "internet tv" at all?.

As I tried to explain before, playing a normal movie (located on PC's hardrive) via "All movies" it works, but playing it via "Transcoding" folder it does not work, so seems the problem is related with transcoding. The same happens with "internet tv" resources.

I will try another configurations, but I do not know which parameters could be related with the problem...The only diference I see (but may be I am wrong) between transcoding (not working for my LG) or not transcoding (working for my LG) is that when you use not transcoding, you have the whole file available (with its corresponding EOF (end of file) and properties) and with transcoding you have not the whole file yet (because it is beeing transcoded). Could this be related with the problem?

I would like to make it work, I will try whatever you tell me.
zebulon

Post by zebulon »

Hello Eugene,

This Subject is interesting for me because I have two licences: one for LG BD, which seems to work O.K., and another one for my LG 42LX6500 TV model 2010, which does not work when transcoding "on the fly" even after trying different settings.

My configuration: Windows Vista with last WMS 1.10.1 and LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406) profile.

For helping debug, I am sending you two log files to "support@wildmediaserver.com". The logfiles are recorded starting from click on remote control:
1. A short video started through Transcoding Folder (gives TV error: file not valid). So transcoding "on the fly" is not O.K.
2. The transcoded file just obtained from above point, found in WmsTemp folder, accessed without additional transcoding. Works O.K.

So the transcoding itself from 1st experiment is O.K., but something goes wrong through DLNA when TV is reading the file or computer is sending the file, while transconding is in progress. Maybe the TV tries to verify the file integrity before starting to load it, or the computer has the file available with too much delay?

It would be very nice to find a solution (to make the TV believe the transcoding file is normal).
The problem also exist with Internet TV.

Best regards.
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

So the transcoding itself from 1st experiment is O.K., but something goes wrong through DLNA when TV is reading the file or computer is sending the file, while transconding is in progress. Maybe the TV tries to verify the file integrity before starting to load it, or the computer has the file available with too much delay?

It would be very nice to find a solution (to make the TV believe the transcoding file is normal).
Zebulon, this is what I was just trying to say, but you have explained much better.

Only one question. When you say:
2. The transcoded file just obtained from above point, found in WmsTemp folder, accessed without additional transcoding. Works O.K.
How do you acces this file?. May be stopping the transcoding process and accesing to the file after this?...In my case, when I stop transcoding process, the file is automatically deleted, but if I am not wrong, there is a setting to change this behaviour. Is this your case?

Let's see if Eugene could help us in order to make our 42LX6500 work 100% with WMS features.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

Thanks for your log-files. Unfortunately, no significant differences(with my log) were found.

I suggest the following

Test with a local file

1. Create the folder C:\LgTest
2. Download file http://www.wildmediaserver.com/test/Wildlife.wmv and copy to the folder "C:\LgTest"
3. WMS - Settings - "Media-resources" - "Folder list" - Add - C:\LgTest - Scan
4. LG TV - WMS (...) - Movies - Transcoding - "Media resources folders" - "LGTest" - "(T) Wildlife.wmv" - play "(T) Wildlife.wmv"

Test with a internet-resource

1. The folder "Internet-television" - List [Movies] - right click - "Add Link" - Title: BBC Panorama; Path: mms://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/news/olmedia/n5ctrl/tvseq/od/bbc1/bb/wm/video/panorama_bb.wmv - Ok
2. LG TV - WMS (...) - Movies - "Internet-television" - play "BBC Panorama"
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,

I have just tested both cases you have said, and none of them is working: "Invalid File" in both cases.

Any more suggestions Eugene?

Zebulon, what are your results?, is not working like in my case?

Thanks to both,