LG 42LX6500 configuration

kikorro28

LG 42LX6500 configuration

Post by kikorro28 »

First of all, congratulations for your great software!

I am trying WMS with my LG 42LX6500 and it works very well with all movies stored on my PC. I have asjusted as "Device" profile: "Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1280x720)".

Now I am trying to see on my TV the contents from Veetle.com; that is, internet television; because is the main application I want to try and use from the software. I have managed to check the avaliability of interenet resource (VLC opens correctly) and the transcoding folder crates a movie file that could be opened without problems from my PC; but my TV always says "Invalid File" via WMS. I have tested lot of WMS configurations, and only in one of them (I do not remember what I did!!) the TV reproduced 6 seconds of the beginning of the transcoded file (I think it was transcoding, but I am not 100% sure) and it entered on a loop over and over again. I have tried to solve this problem changing things (not really knowing what to do) and right now the TV shows "Invalid File", like at my first attempts.

I think the problem resides on missing settings or wrong parameter/s, but I do not know what else to adjust. Could anybody explain me in a step by step manner what to set-up in order to make internet television work on my LG 42LX6500?, is it transcoding necessary to make internet TV work?. There is a profile for this LG TVs?. Any elaborated manual of WMS explaining in detail all the parameters present on the software?

Thank you all in advance, and sorry for my english.
Eugene

Re: LG 42LX6500 configuration

Post by Eugene »

In version 1.10rc5 will be added the configuration "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)", you can try "WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" or rename to "WD TV Live HD Media Player"
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Thanks for your reply Eugene,

While waiting for WMS 1.10rc5, I will try "WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" media device profile on WMS 1.09 this weekend and I will post my results here.

But so far, one question: why 720x406?. My LG 46LX6500 has more than this definition. Do you mean I will have to adapt to 720x406 in order to connect my tv with my PC via DLNA to use internet TV streaming?. And, this will be only for internet tv or for all kind of streamings?... Becasue I have been using the Samsnung 1280x720 devide profile until now and it works great, except for internet tv (veetle, megavideo, etc), that I mentioned on my previou post, it does not work.

Again, thank you all in advance.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

kikorro28 wrote: While waiting for WMS 1.10rc5, I will try "WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" media device profile on WMS 1.09 this weekend and I will post my results here.

But so far, one question: why 720x406?. My LG 46LX6500 has more than this definition. Do you mean I will have to adapt to 720x406 in order to connect my tv with my PC via DLNA to use internet TV streaming?. And, this will be only for internet tv or for all kind of streamings?... Becasue I have been using the Samsnung 1280x720 devide profile until now and it works great, except for internet tv (veetle, megavideo, etc), that I mentioned on my previou post, it does not work.

Again, thank you all in advance.
720x406 - frame size for transcoding, of course, users can change it.
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello again,

Eugene; I have tried different configurations in order to make Wild Media Server work properly for my LG TV with internet tv streaming/resources.

I am going to try to explain what I am trying to do and what I have tested right now:

1) I am trying to see on my LG 42LX6500 an internet television streaming from veetle; for example: http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel ... 72d7e80c97

2) I "Add Link" under internet televison folder of WMS; for example: http://127.0.0.1:52055/77.67.109.221,4cc72d7e80c97 (following the instructions you can find here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HNMqw9BVcQ). I have tried the link on VLC, and works without problems. I have also checked from WMS the "Check availability": it is OK.

3) I have checked "Test transcoding" using both "Internet Television" and "Movies-VLC-FFMPEG" profiles without problems; and the file generated, after being copied to an USB device, plays on TV without problems.

But, when I try to reproduce the media resource under WMS "internet television" menu from my TV, it always fails with the same error message: "Invalid File". I really think it is a missing/wrong protocol/communication (TV specific or a DLNA) parameter, because I can see activity on the router LED corresponding to my TV at the begining just after pressing the paly button on my TV, but after 3-4 seconds, seems like the LED stops its activity; and 2-3 seconds after, the "Invalid File" error appears on the TV. I haveto mention that I have tried with two different media profiles: "WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" and "Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1280x720)" with the same result.

I have been playing with "File size from transfer start" and "Max. File Size", under "Settings"-"transcoder"-"Transcodinf file parameters"-"internet television": nothing seems to change.

I have to mention that I have also tried "Send this lins as link to media resource"; and it does not work for me or for this internet media resource (veetle); I do not really know.

Please, could you help me to make WMS working on my LG TV for internet streaming?. It is the only thing remaining to test from WMS. For me, is the most important feature from your software.
I think it should work, because as I said on my first post, I managed to make it "work" on a 6 seconds loop over and over again, but I do not remember under which configuration. Right now I am bloked on "Invalid File" error; that is worse situation than the 6 seconds loop.

I will really thank you if you could guide me step by step in order to cath the problem.

Thank you in advance
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Update to 1.10rc7 http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... =17&t=1138

Device configuration "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)", no problems
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello again,

Finally, I have been able to test WMS 1.10rc7. First of all, thank you for provide me the new 15 days trial for my LG 42LX6500 device.

Unfortunately, I have to say that "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" device configuration/profile does not solve the problem, it gives me the same error than before: "Invalid File".

I have added the path to the "Transcoder temporally files" on "Media-Resources" list and I have tried the "test transcode". After stopping the trascoding process (before stopping it the file is not found on WMS "All Movies" list), the file generated is reproduced via WMS without problems.

What can be happen?, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello,

As I said on my previous post, the new LG profile included on 1.10.rc7 software does not solve the "Invalid File" problem I have mentioned along this thread.

I have tried different configurations without any succes. I have also tried the "splash trick" mentioned by Eugene on this link: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... f=14&t=428. This "trick" does not solve the "Invalid File" problem.

I am a little bit lost, please can anybody help me?....anybody has found and tested a configuration to make Wild Media Server "internet TV" working on LG TVs?. It is a pity that this great software is not working for delivery online contents to LG TVs; in my case is the more important feature I am looking for.

Thank you all in advance.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

Device configuration "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)", no problems with internet streams on LG TV
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,

I am sorry, but as I said, device configuration "LG TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" is not working on my LG 42LX6500; it shows "Invalid File" with internet streams. For the rest of features (movies located on PC server) seems to work OK.
Please, tell me what can be adjusted (if there is anything that can de donbe) in order to make it work with internet streamming.

More information of the PC acting like server:
- Operative System: Windows 7 Pro
- PC Hardware : Intel® CoreTM i5-2410M 2,30GHz with 6GB RAM
- The link between PC server where WMS is running and internet router is done via Wi-Fi. The connection between TV and internet router is done via ethernet cable.

Thank you in advance