Announce version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.09" (RC4)

Rheingold

Re: Announce version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.09" (RC3)

Post by Rheingold »

Hi Eugene,

I just experimented a little bit:

I started setup.exe and did the actualisation 1.09RC2 to RC3 again. After completition it asked me to start the program. I did so and then I can start the transcoding profile VLC-FFMPEG (and also the Movies-TSMUXer). All seems ok but.... when I closed the program and open it again, then again both transcoding profiles (and also some others) did not work!
I can do this again and again and the profiles only do their work, when I start the program from the setup when it asked me for that at the end of the actualisation process.

Very strange isn't it. Any idea?
Rheingold

Post by Rheingold »

Hi Eugene.

I found the solution of the problem!

It depends on the place, where the process WMS.EXE is created: if it is created as a process by another program like an ApplicationStarterBar like the very nice RocketDock or by an Explorer substitute like PowerDeskExplorer, then the problem with starting some transcoding profiles arise.
If I started wms.exe from a link on the desktop or with the original MSExplorer then it works perfectly.
I found that, because the setup.exe created the process on the highest hirarchical level and so I got the idea to see what happens in the other cases.

I only wonder, why there is no problem with the 1.08.2 version. Did You changed something in the 1.09 that could be the reason for the new behavior of the program?

By the way - thanks very much for all the help!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Rheingold wrote: It depends on the place, where the process WMS.EXE is created: if it is created as a process by another program like an ApplicationStarterBar like the very nice RocketDock or by an Explorer substitute like PowerDeskExplorer, then the problem with starting some transcoding profiles arise.
If I started wms.exe from a link on the desktop or with the original MSExplorer then it works perfectly.
I found that, because the setup.exe created the process on the highest hirarchical level and so I got the idea to see what happens in the other cases.

I only wonder, why there is no problem with the 1.08.2 version. Did You changed something in the 1.09 that could be the reason for the new behavior of the program?
I will try to find a solution to this problem.
RedSnt

Post by RedSnt »

There is still a bug where internet radio will not play if WMS is installed and running as a service - with firewall turned on or off. It will however work if WMS is running in standard mode.

EDIT: On PS3 at least.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

RedSnt wrote:There is still a bug where internet radio will not play if WMS is installed and running as a service - with firewall turned on or off. It will however work if WMS is running in standard mode.

EDIT: On PS3 at least.
I have no problems on PS3 with Internet radio

Try: Control Panel - ... - Services - Wild Media Server - right click - Properties - Log On - This Account - ...
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Update to version 1.09rc4
- added device configuration "Samsung Features TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" - with support of navigation Samsung TVs;
- updated Polish translation file.
Eugene

Re: Announce version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.09" (RC4)

Post by Eugene »

New version RtmpDump: (handshake problem)

1. Unzip
2. Copy rtmpdump.exe to ?:\Program Files\Wild Media Server\Transcoders\