Some questions

S@gittarius

Some questions

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi Eugene!
Happy New Year!

I have some notices and questions about WMS and the forum as follows.
  1. I think some quick links and topics in the forum are missing or not working. For example there was a Youtube parameters description at http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 8757#p8757 which is not accessible.
  2. Quick links like "Active topics", "Unanswered post", "Your posts", "New posts" etc. are not working. They always return "The specified search backend doesn’t exist." message.
  3. When posting a message it is not shown after pressing [Submit] button. The previous error message is shown instead.
  4. While updating Bulgarian translation I noticed phrases about add-ons but I can not find any form to access that functionality. Where to look for that and what are they intended for?
  5. There are some dislocations in the Settings forms as follows"
    • Settings -> Media-Resources -> Scanning: Creating DVD structure folders for DVD directories - the label is crossed by the frame
    • Settings -> Media-Resources -> Service -> Folder "Service" - There is a bold title line which is overlapped by the check box and its label
Please keep on doing your great job with WMS.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards.
Eugene

Re: Some questions

Post by Eugene »

Hi S@gittarius !
S@gittarius wrote: Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
S@gittarius wrote: I have some notices and questions about WMS and the forum as follows.
[*]I think some quick links and topics in the forum are missing or not working. For example there was a Youtube parameters description at http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 8757#p8757 which is not accessible.
[*]Quick links like "Active topics", "Unanswered post", "Your posts", "New posts" etc. are not working. They always return "The specified search backend doesn’t exist." message.
[*]When posting a message it is not shown after pressing [Submit] button. The previous error message is shown instead.
Thanks, I think, the problem related forum software update, fixed.
S@gittarius wrote: While updating Bulgarian translation I noticed phrases about add-ons but I can not find any form to access that functionality. Where to look for that and what are they intended for?
You can to create subfolder Addons (?:\Program Files (x86)\Wild Media Server\Addons) and restart the program (button "The list of Add-ons" on the status bar). At the moment it's undocumented feature.
S@gittarius wrote: There are some dislocations in the Settings forms as follows"
Settings -> Media-Resources -> Scanning: Creating DVD structure folders for DVD directories - the label is crossed by the frame
I will try to fix (at the moment "so conceived" :))
S@gittarius wrote: Settings -> Media-Resources -> Service -> Folder "Service" - There is a bold title line which is overlapped by the check box and its label
I don't have this problem, try to delete translation gpSeviceFolder

Regards.
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi!
Thank you for the fast reply.
Please take a look at my comments below.
Eugene wrote:Hi S@gittarius !
S@gittarius wrote: Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
S@gittarius wrote: I have some notices and questions about WMS and the forum as follows.
[*]I think some quick links and topics in the forum are missing or not working. For example there was a Youtube parameters description at http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 8757#p8757 which is not accessible.
[*]Quick links like "Active topics", "Unanswered post", "Your posts", "New posts" etc. are not working. They always return "The specified search backend doesn’t exist." message.
[*]When posting a message it is not shown after pressing [Submit] button. The previous error message is shown instead.
Thanks, I think, the problem related forum software update, fixed.
Great!
Quick links work now but cited description at http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 8757#p8757 could not be found.
Eugene wrote:
S@gittarius wrote: While updating Bulgarian translation I noticed phrases about add-ons but I can not find any form to access that functionality. Where to look for that and what are they intended for?
You can to create subfolder Addons (?:\Program Files (x86)\Wild Media Server\Addons) and restart the program (button "The list of Add-ons" on the status bar). At the moment it's undocumented feature.
I'll give it a try.
Eugene wrote:
S@gittarius wrote: There are some dislocations in the Settings forms as follows"
Settings -> Media-Resources -> Scanning: Creating DVD structure folders for DVD directories - the label is crossed by the frame
I will try to fix (at the moment "so conceived" :))
S@gittarius wrote: Settings -> Media-Resources -> Service -> Folder "Service" - There is a bold title line which is overlapped by the check box and its label
I don't have this problem, try to delete translation gpSeviceFolder
Straight into the bull's-eye!
Is it possible to remove the gpSeviceFolder node?
I noticed that some nodes do not have Russian translation. Does it mean they are not necessary at all?

Regards.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

S@gittarius wrote: Quick links work now but cited description at http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 8757#p8757 could not be found.
Podcasts support (including YouTube) stopped, but of course creative users can implement them yourself
S@gittarius wrote:
Eugene wrote: I don't have this problem, try to delete translation gpSeviceFolder
Straight into the bull's-eye!
Is it possible to remove the gpSeviceFolder node?
I noticed that some nodes do not have Russian translation. Does it mean they are not necessary at all?
Yes, you can to delete nodes with empty Russian and English translation
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Eugene wrote:
S@gittarius wrote: Quick links work now but cited description at http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 8757#p8757 could not be found.
Podcasts support (including YouTube) stopped, but of course creative users can implement them yourself
It is very sad to hear this.

Regards.