Choppy movie playback at higher transfer rates.

Benman

Choppy movie playback at higher transfer rates.

Post by Benman »

WMS on a Windows 7 pc streaming through a Cisco Linksys E4200 router (up to 450Mbps). Sony BDP-S380 Blu-ray Disc player is the DLNA-server to my Sony TV.

Mostly my movies stream quite good but sometimes the movie and sound goes choppy and it is most probably a 'speed' problem. I can check data stream on my tv and up to around 30Mbps all is fine but above that the movie and sound gets choppy. Then when i push the pause button, wait a second, and play on again the movie runs fine for about two seconds and then it all starts again (until data drops again below 30Mbps). To me it looks like a buffering problem because after a brief pause it runs fine for a few seconds. But i can not figure out what device is doing this: pc, router, Bluray as DLNA or utp-cable?

Can anyone tell me what my problem is or point me in a direction where to start looking. :roll:

I also have been looking into 'transcoding' and/or pre-transcoding and if that could have something to with the problem. But i just can't figure out what 'transcoding' does.