Acer Revo 3610 + Sony XBR40 (NTSC)=MKV Issues

AcerRevo

Acer Revo 3610 + Sony XBR40 (NTSC)=MKV Issues

Post by AcerRevo »

I would first like to say that this program is the best I have used so far. Sony makes DLNA very difficult, only supporting a few video formats. With Wild Media I Am able to play any DIVX/XVID file transcoded with NO problems. However, this is my issue: I can not transcode MKV files to my SONY with out it stopping and starting all the time. When I test the transcoding (using Core AVC), I top out at about 11fps, too slow to transcode. I use CoreAVC 2.0 with CUDA enabled, since the Acer Revo ION takes advantage (supposedly!!!) of this. I can play the video with some success on certain video players (not all!).

My question is: What settings must Wild Media Server and my Revo 3610 (Atom 330, Nvidea ION (9400m), 4GB Ram) be set at to use MKV transcoding. What Codec is best for this computer. I am hardwired to a Linksys router. I would like a codec that takes advantage of CUDA (therefore using less CPU).

Once I figure MKV out, then I can purchase this program. This is the only glitch I have run into, that I have not been able to resolve by reading the forums.

One more thing: Will there be a different Sony NTSC setting taking advantage of a larger screen res.
like Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9 , 1920X1080)” or “Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9 , 1280X720) but for NTSC???

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
Hotmaildude

Re: Acer Revo 3610 + Sony XBR40 (NTSC)=MKV Issues

Post by Hotmaildude »

I cannot find out which formats your TV supports, but with my Sony KDL-40EX500 I use the profile "Movies - TsMuxer" for .MKV-files.

Give it a try!
AcerRevo

Post by AcerRevo »

I tried that...no go..thanks for the response.

I have basically tried everything I have read in the Forums, with no luck. It will not transcode MKV without stuttering. I will have to try a test file and try it via USB..this is the only thing I have not tried. I'm thinking it might have to do with the fact it is running on a dual core Atom processor. Maybe not enough processing power. I was hoping there was a codec that would use the CUDA GPU instead of the CPU to transcode MKV. I have tried CoreAVC 2.O with CUDA enabled. I do get less CPU usage, but when I test transcoding I only get 11 fps, however when I use the same codec with MPC, it will play the movie no problem. I am open to ALL suggestions...
Hotmaildude

Post by Hotmaildude »

Make sure that your Power Settings is set at "Maximum Performance".
AcerRevo

Post by AcerRevo »

My Revo is set to maximum performance (in windows 7-64bit), with all the bloatware removed. Is there a "maximum setting" in WMS??
crypton

Post by crypton »

I have the same issue with CoreAVC. I cannot benefit of CUDA at all. All HD 1080p movies are playing perfect in Windows Media Player using CoreAVC and CUDA with 20% CPU usage, but not in WMS x64. :(

When I test the transcode, the CoreAVC icon appear in the taskbar and it is green and that means it use CUDA, but I don't have any improvment in the FPS and the CPU usage is 90-100%.

When I try to watch a movie on the TV, using CoreAVC transcode profile, the CoreAVC icon doesn't appear in the taskbar and I don't have any improvment in the FPS. I am not sure if CoreAVC is used, even if I selected the CoreAVC transcode profile.

Do you have any solution? Did you found any guide for Wild Media Server to make CUDA work?

I found the below links but I cannot make it work:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... da-amarela

http://blog.artit.org/2010/04/ps3-media ... reavc.html