Configuration for TV LG 42LW650S

Help other users and get free licenses Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)
crypton

Configuration for TV LG 42LW650S

Post by crypton »

Hello,

Attached you can find the configuration for TV LG 42LW650S. This configuration was prepared to play movies in 1080p format.
Based on the computer performances and the videos resolution you can decrease the resolution and the bitrate.
The configuration was tested using a wireless connection with a router between the TV and PC.

Videos, music, photos, podcast are working. In case is needed I will be glad to test anything.

Regards,
Dragos
crypton

Re: Configuration for TV LG 42LW650S

Post by crypton »

Hello,

I have made some changes and optimizations and here is the new config file. It seems that the old configuration was not working well with the last LG firmware 5.0.

The previous configuration transcodes all the movies. The new one will not have transcoding enable by default except for the unsupported files. If you want to transcode a movie all you need is to go to Transcode folder and chose the transcoded movie.

regards,
DBO
Attachments
LG_42LW650S-2.zip
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 1097 times
gecko63

Post by gecko63 »

Hi,

I'm new in the use of WWS, but i tried several DLNA Servers (Windows7 Streaming, Twonky) and the WWS ist the only one who can stream FullHD without Stutter to my TV (via Devolo LAN 200mbit)

do you think your cfg will work with my LG47LW5590 also?
And what's the difference between your tweak and the standard LG TV cfg ?

Thanks for an Answer :)
Best Regards
Markus
crypton

Post by crypton »

gecko63 wrote:Hi,
do you think your cfg will work with my LG47LW5590 also?
And what's the difference between your tweak and the standard LG TV cfg ?
Hi Markus,

You can try my configuration. You have nothing to loose.
There are differences at the resolution, bitrate, compressions, subtitle.. etc. You can compare it yourself. Maybe you compare the config file directly with http://winmerge.org.

Regards,
Dragos
gecko63

Post by gecko63 »

Hi Drago,

it seems to work perfectly
A 11GB mkv file runs great.
But one more Question...

The out of the Box Profile for LG TV has in brackets the following: (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406). Is that meaning, that WWS streams in this resolution instead of 1080p ?
And your cfg streams in native 1080p?

WWS is very complex and i try to understand whats going up inside. But i'm not really a technician...
...and i hope you understand my english. It's a litle rusty...
crypton

Post by crypton »

gecko63 wrote:The out of the Box Profile for LG TV has in brackets the following: (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406). Is that meaning, that WWS streams in this resolution instead of 1080p ?
And your cfg streams in native 1080p?
(DLNA, 16:9, 720x406) is just a part of the profile name and nothing more. Of course the author named the profile like this based on the resolution he decided to set in the configuration.
You can create your own configuration and name it how do you want. For example you can take my configuration, change the resolution to 720p and save your own profile.
I know WMS is little complex but if you spend some time in it testing the options everything will become clearer and clearer. :)

BR,
Dragos
crypton

Post by crypton »

Updated configuration.
If you have transfer issues then decrease the bitrate to 15 000 000 or 10 000 000, especially for wireless connections.
Attachments
121216-16-21-good_LAN.zip
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 801 times