Stream PC Desktop

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
libero

Stream PC Desktop

Post by libero »

Has anyone succeded in streaming the desktop through WMS and VLC.

I can see the first seconds and then the connection drops. I use the screen:// link
nescha

Re: Stream PC Desktop

Post by nescha »

nescha

Post by nescha »

For the sake of improvement of a method, I will copy thread content from other forum:
I managed to succeed desktop streaming using Wild Media Server to my Samsung B651.

Main catch was applying custom transcoding parameters to "Internet television" resource, by using VLC's "screen://" as input stream, to whatever URL you supply as a source (since source is set to "screen://").

In order to reduce latency I played around with parameters and managed to reduce it to only 4sec latency between desktop activity and TV showing it.

Main problem is allowing TV to parse stream header properly while server buffers it and forward it to proper moment. If inappropriate param combination is sent, TV doesn't recognize format. In some cases, 2nd attempt can succeed, which is considered as boundary scenario. In order to achieve low latency and usable quality, video bitrate is set to really high level which makes temp file really big (2MB/s).

Here is the configuration:

URL: http://192.168.1.107:8080/go.mpg (doesn't matter since this input isn't actually used)

Code: Select all

<VLC> --no-crashdump -Idummy --language=en --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,vb=15000,fps=25,scale=1,vfilter={canvas{width=1366,height=768,aspect=16:9}},acodec=none}:file{mux=ts,dst="<OUTPUT FILE>"}} screen:// :screen-fps=25.000000 :screen-caching=2900 :start-time=2.8
Device => Type: Samsung TV, DLNA, 16:9, 1280x720, with "Transfer data buffer size for this device" set 64 kB (default = 4096 kB)

Transcoder => Transcoding file parameters => File size for transfer start = 1 kB (default = 4096 kB)

If anyone has idea for an improvements like reducing latency or supplying synchronized audio from sound card, lemme now...

Steps:
1. Add some Internet television link with dummy local address, e.g. http://192.168.1.100:8080/go.mpg
2. Click 4th icon assigned to field Link => Path
3. Set "Use this transcoding parameters" to ON
4. Click 1st icon beside text area. You'll get something like this:

Code: Select all

<VLC> --no-crashdump -Idummy --language=en --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=12000,fps=24,scale=1,vfilter={canvas{width=1280,height=720,aspect=16:9}},acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="<OUTPUT FILE>"}} "<INPUT FILE>"
5. Notice the <INPUT FILE> tag. Instead of real external content or IP stream, I've set screen:// as source
6. I played around with the parameters that match my Samsung B651 and managed to succeed with already mentioned parameters and result
lbarbosa

Post by lbarbosa »

Hi,
i tried use the parameter bellow, but the screen is perfect... also the audio don't sucessfull, appear audio codec unsupported.... i am using bluray bd samsung c5500.
<VLC> --no-crashdump -Idummy --language=en --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=12000,fps=24,scale=1,vfilter={canvas{width=1280,height=720,aspect=16:9}},acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="<OUTPUT FILE>"}} "<INPUT FILE>"
The samsung support mp3...

What can do?

thanks,
Leandro.