Xbox 360 questions

rolat99

Xbox 360 questions

Post by rolat99 »

Hi, great piece of software, I'm hoping it'll be the holy grail of media servers that I've been looking for...

I've set the scanning to automatically scan, but this only seems to work if a file is manually copied or moved there. If I unzip a file from another folder to my watch folder, WMS doesn't 'see it'. Similarly, I've set uTorrent to move files to my watch folders once downloaded, but again, WMS doesn't find them. The only media server that seems to do this is Twonky, so it must be possible. Windows Media Player can't do it either, it has to wait until you move it elsewhere then move it back to the watch folder before it sees it.

Secondly, one of the reasons I'm excited about WMS is internet radio. I want to stream this to my Xbox360, but have not had success yet. I've added a link in the Internet Radio section, and I've also created a playlist of my radio station, but on the Xbox, it just says No Playlists found.
I've had success streaming internet radio to the Xbox in the past with Twonky and a UPNP component to Foobar. Would love to get it going on WMS.

thanks!
Eugene

Re: Xbox 360 questions

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
rolat99 wrote: I've set the scanning to automatically scan, but this only seems to work if a file is manually copied or moved there. If I unzip a file from another folder to my watch folder, WMS doesn't 'see it'. Similarly, I've set uTorrent to move files to my watch folders once downloaded, but again, WMS doesn't find them. The only media server that seems to do this is Twonky, so it must be possible. Windows Media Player can't do it either, it has to wait until you move it elsewhere then move it back to the watch folder before it sees it.
In the next version will change the auto-scan, perhaps they will decide this issue. The program does not include a file open for writing.
rolat99 wrote: Secondly, one of the reasons I'm excited about WMS is internet radio. I want to stream this to my Xbox360, but have not had success yet. I've added a link in the Internet Radio section, and I've also created a playlist of my radio station, but on the Xbox, it just says No Playlists found.
I've had success streaming internet radio to the Xbox in the past with Twonky and a UPNP component to Foobar. Would love to get it going on WMS.
thanks!
Perhaps on the XBox is the fourth folder Playlists (VIDEO, MUSIC, PICTURES, PLAYLISTS), links to Internet radio may be there.