LG 42LX6500 configuration

kikorro28

Re: LG 42LX6500 configuration

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello Eugene,

What dou you mean?, do you need more information from my part (logs or something)?. As far as we know, transcoding is not working on two LGs 42LX6500 (zebulon and mine); may be it works with other 2010 LGs (is this what you mean?).

Please, if you think there is anything else remaining to try on our 42LX6500, let me known and I will try.

Thank you again for your support
zebulon

Post by zebulon »

Hello Eugene,

I have tried your proposed settings "My TV" transcoding with format "MPEG (DVD)" with the small movie and the Internet TV, and infortunately there is always the same error "Invalid File".

However when I am trying with a longer 1h33 .flv movie, transcoding and displaying on TV is working sometimes, rarely. For example:
- First click: error message after a few seconds.
- Second click: immediate error message.
- Third click: it takes a few seconds, then the TV display starts to show a black screen with file title, sometimes with "loading" message, then the movie starts to be displayed.

This behavior cannot be reproduced systematically, but is working sometimes. It is even possible to go forward within the movie. Sometimes the first few seconds of the movie are repeating twice, then it continues normally. Sometimes the TV stops displaying the movie after the few first seconds. During good operation, the transcoding is still in progress (about 80 fps, long movie). I was also able to get this "good operation" two months ago, with one of the previous version of WMS.

Maybe there exist some particular combination of cases (speed of starting transcoding, reaction time of computer, file formats, etc.) for which it is working or failing, and some detailed parameters of WMS could be adjusted (which ones?). Infortunately I never managed to get good operation as described above with Internet TV...
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello again,

As Zebulon has said, I think we are close to making work, but we do not know which parameters could be related with our issues.

Zebulon, I confirm you that, as I explained on my first post, I got another "rarely" behaviour (only 6 seconds loop over and over again) with internet content and with WMS 1.09. Of course, that behaviour is worse than yours with long .flv movies, but still better than "Invalid File" error. Now, despite of different settings I am trying, I am not being able to get any other behaviour that "Invalid Error". If you maged to improve something with a combination of adjusted settings, please let us know.

Eugene, could you tell us which parameters we can try to modify/adjust to see if we find a good combination to make WMS work?

Thank you all
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
"The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat."
kikorro28

Post by kikorro28 »

Hello again Eugene,

I would like to ask you if there is anything changed since program version 1.10 until the nowadays version that can make LG 2010 TVs work with streaming?, Is there any improvement in this sense?.

Zebulon, did you finally managed to get it work?

Thank you all in advance,
zebulon

Post by zebulon »

Hello kikorro28,

I have given up trying, due to lack of time. With the most recent versions of WMS since October, I never managed to get live transcoding working anymore. I have tried the new options of Padding, which do not seem to help. Now I am using the BD player in case of transcoding and for internet TV.

Meanwhile, I had other issues with photos. The TV does not accept when they are rotated automatically. In the other hand, rotating is O.K. with the BD, but in any case it does not accept files larger than a given size (2 or 4 MB if I remember well). Using Imagemagick for reducing their size to max. 3 MB through WMS was the solution.

I must also say that my TV is not 42LX, but 47LX6500. Probably this does not make much difference.