LG LW650s configuration

deewy

LG LW650s configuration

Post by deewy »

Hi there,

I have tried almost all available software on the market and WMS seems to be the less slugish. However I still seem to find my self lost in setting up this thing correctly. After hours and hours of trying I am really getting sick and tired of this.

Before I buy this and hence recommend this to my family members who have the same TV model I require your assistance.

My home setup is as it follows: - home PC which is wired to router from were the data are streamed by wifi to the TV. The router is 300Mbs and speed should be well enough for 1080p movies streaming. However I am experiencing stuttering in fast paced movie parts and sometimes even when there is not a lot going on.

Next thing I want to do is to transcode the movie to play it always in the 1080p full screen mode with no stupid black bars on the top and the bottom. I do not know how to do this for sure. I tried some transcode settings and I get "Invalid File" message.

So please take me step by step from setting up the right device type to the setting as mentioned above.

Thanks in advance
crypton

Re: LG LW650s configuration

Post by crypton »

Even if your router is 300Mbs, our TV is only 54 Mbps... I think! And yes.. 54Mbps is enough to play 1080p.

Try this settings:
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... =22&t=1314
deewy

Post by deewy »

Thanks for the reply, your settings seems to be working correctly. I have streamed some of the 1080p movies with no lag or buffering.

our TV is gotta to be 150 or 300 Mbs via Wi-Fi coz I have the network setup to N which eliminates the lower speeds.

Last thing I am still to resolve is to transcode the movie with black bars on the bottom and the top to the full screen. Still do not know how to do that.
crypton

Post by crypton »

deewy wrote:our TV is gotta to be 150 or 300 Mbs via Wi-Fi coz I have the network setup to N which eliminates the lower speeds.
I think you are right. Our TV can have higher speeds than 54Mbps. I did some tests and it looks I have approx. 108 Mbps through 3 concrete walls.
crypton

Post by crypton »