scan folders button in the main window

arken

scan folders button in the main window

Post by arken »

It will be nice feature to have scan folders/resources button in the main window. This is the most often button used by me.
Now in order to scan I must click settings-->scanning.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.
Eugene

Re: scan folders button in the main window

Post by Eugene »

I think to be confused with the button Renew. Most likely will be added scanning function in the processing of media resources and you will be able show the button to the main form.

Maybe useful: Media Device - WMS (...) - Service - Media Database - Scan Folders
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Eugene wrote:I think to be confused with the button Renew. Most likely will be added scanning function in the processing of media resources and you will be able show the button to the main form.

Maybe useful: Media Device - WMS (...) - Service - Media Database - Scan Folders

What *is* the renew button, anyway? I don't understand it's description and searching the help contents for 'renew' did not produce any hits.
I'd like to see the renew button replaced with a 'scan folders for changes' button. I agree with arken that this is one of my most used functions. I could also show my wife how to use this button if she adds anything to the media folders. Showing he how to do it with the current method is too cumbersome for her and I don't want her accidentally making other changes.

The reason I am not a fan of the Scan Folders option is that from time to time I will go in and make many changes to the folder structure of my media folders. I don't want to scan until I'm done with whatever changes I plan to make. I will then go to WMS and scan folders manually.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »