.wtv

cfs

.wtv

Post by cfs »

Hi

I don't get transcoding of .wtv files to work with my Samsung TV UE55C8705. Can somebody tell me the exact settings for wildmediaserver to get this to work? I have searched the forum and tried different settings but to no avail....

Brgds
Christian
Eugene

Re: .wtv

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
cfs wrote: I don't get transcoding of .wtv files to work with my Samsung TV UE55C8705. Can somebody tell me the exact settings for wildmediaserver to get this to work? I have searched the forum and tried different settings but to no avail....
Default settings for Samsung TV/BDP. Test transcoding works ? (select a file - right click - "Test transcoding")
cfs

Post by cfs »

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes it seems to transcode alright when test transcoding. As device I have selected Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080). But when trying to watch the same .wtv file from the TV it always gives error "Wrong File Format"?
Transcoding profile is defaulting to Movies(Primary). But I have also tried both WTV profiles.

Brgds
Christian
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Sample: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/test/Law ... _36_55.wtv

There is a problem with the playback?
cfs

Post by cfs »

Hi

Sorry for my late reply. That is correct the file won't playback. The TV says always says "Not supported file format". Test transcoding works fine. Makes me suspect that WMS is not actually transcoding, because the TV works fine with all the file formats it is supporting?

Brgds
Christian
WeBe

Post by WeBe »

Hi,

I also have the same issue with my Samsung TV. Do anyone have a solution for this? When selecting a wtv on the TV, transcoding does not start at all.

regards,
Staffan
cfs

Post by cfs »

Hi Eugene,

I am wondering why you have stopped responding to this issue? The sole reason I bought wild media server was because it was supposed to be able to transcode .wtv to a DLNA device such as a Samsung TV. Please advice if you have a working solution for this or not so I can decide if I need to look elsewhere for this functionality or not?

Rgds
Christian
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Maybe useful: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... =18&t=1221

P.S. Problems, that can not be reproduced, usually not fixed.
cfs

Post by cfs »

The thread you are refering to does not give any more clues to this issue than this thread do? There is a user in that thread (KlausV) who's question remains unanswered. He is asking for the specific settings to make transcoding of .wtv files to a Samsung TV to work? This is something I really would like to know too, because obviously it does not work out of the box......

//Christian