Sony KDL55NX810 - Server and MKV issues, no resolve

yugemonz

Sony KDL55NX810 - Server and MKV issues, no resolve

Post by yugemonz »

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and discovered about this program yesterday. It's pretty amazing!

Except for one small issue and that is MKV files that are hardsubbed. Now I went about the forum searching every single post for MKV issues and googled till 3am in the morning but nothing worked for me and some wouldn't let me try it...

So my first issue is when I try to set the individual device to "Use external sub files etc..." and start my server...My TV will NOT talk with my computer anymore. Then if I just delete the TV from my devices list and re-do it without touching anything, my TV can see my computer again.

2nd issue is when I go into the Transcoding folder on my TV and head over to the subtitles file of my show, I click the subtitle file which is like "Eng x026" or something like that, I get a green checkmark on my screen and then when I try to play the MKV, there is no picture whatsoever but I do get sound.

And prior to me touching anything, everything works (besides subs). But meaning that I can get the MKV to play without subs and my TV and computer are working together. Just these subs are what's killing me. Sorry to pick your brain guys, but any help will do. Thanks !
Eugene

Re: Sony KDL55NX810 - Server and MKV issues, no resolve

Post by Eugene »

Probably TV does not support a frame size of transcoded file. You can try to select the transcoding profiles with another frame size (for example "Movies (primary)_720x406").
yugemonz

Re: Sony KDL55NX810 - Server and MKV issues, no resolve

Post by yugemonz »

Eugene wrote:Probably TV does not support a frame size of transcoded file. You can try to select the transcoding profiles with another frame size (for example "Movies (primary)_720x406").
in case anyone hasn't told you before.....

You sir...are amazing! ;___; It worked lol. Thanks very much!