Samsung UE37D5000

Bricki

Samsung UE37D5000

Post by Bricki »

Hello,

I have a really strange problem. First up my current configuration. I have a Samsung UE37D5000 TV which is connected through a power line adapter with a switch. On this switch is my NAS which is running Windows Home Server 2011. Also I have connected a FritzBox router which provides ip addresses over DHCP. The ip addresses are given according to there MAC-addresses so they have a static ip address.

I have installed Wild Media Server and given access through the internal firewall of windows. I did search for my upnp devices and the TV has been found. And everything worked like a charm. But after a couple of hours the TV lost connection the the NAS or more specific the Media Server. I restarted the server and the TV but nothing happened. I tried it a couple of times and then it worked again. But then the after 30 minutes or so the same problem. Also I tried to research all devices in the network but the TV did not show up anymore. Currently I cannot get it get to work anymore. I tried TV on/off, Media Server restart, Complete Server restart and Router restart. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Then it kind of worked, sometimes. But in the long run it was the same problem, that the TV and Server did not find each other.

I used the 1.09 first but then later used the 1.10rc4 but it didn´t make any difference.

I also tried Twonky and Tversity but with them it was kind of the same problem or even worse.

I am currently clueless to what else I can do.

Thanks

Jonas
Eugene

Re: Samsung UE37D5000

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

You can try a direct connection PC - TV, sometimes a problem for 30 minutes, associated with routers.
You can also try to disable all unused (for testing) network connections in Control Panel.
WMS - Settings - Server - remove the IP-addresses (possible problems due to DHCP).
Bricki

Post by Bricki »

So sorry for the late response, I tried a little bit more with the server but it did not work. Then I switched to different UPNP Server. At first it worked, but at the end it was the same problem.

Now I have a direct connection from TV to my NAS and with the other UPNP Server it is working, but I have problems with the subtitles. Now I thought I try the Wild Media Server again, because it is good I if I remember correctly I could play .mkv files with subtitles. I installed it today again but as I thought my Trail period has run out.

Is there a way to extend this period? I would like to test the server with my new Network setup.

Thanks

Jonas
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/buy.php

4. If you do not have enough trial period to test the program or if you have already bought a license and want to test it out with another device(s), you can apply by mail info@wildmediaserver.com for a free activation code on 15 days (required the Device Code(s)).