Philips 32PFL6615 - Playing MP4 Files

yelrew

Philips 32PFL6615 - Playing MP4 Files

Post by yelrew »

Hello there, I'm running WMS trial version with a 32PFL6615 Philips Tv. TV's manual says that it supports MPEG-4 Playback (*.mp4):[Video MPEG-4 AVC (H.264, L2-CIF, L4-HD) / Audio (AAC-LC, AAC-HE and AC3)].
I'm trying to play a transcoded mp4-file through DLNA, but I can't get it work. In other hand, the same file works via USB device. I think changing the DLNA profile for mp4 will do the job. How can I do it?

Another question, why Matroska container is missing at "SETTINGS->TRANSCODER->CODEC->FILE FORMAT (CONTAINER)" ? A few days ago I tried to transcode a mkv file with hard subtitles (philips tv can't cope with mkv subtitles), then I chose mkv file at "SETTINGS->TRANSCODER->TRANSCODING FILE PARAMETERS" and MPEG-DVD, X264 and AC3 at "settings->transcoder->codecs,frame". The transcoded file couldn't be played at all, but it worked when I changed the transcoding parameters command-line (at special settings) from "-f dvd" to " -f matroska".

Finally, let me ask a last question. I can't understand very well the software transcoding behaviour. What differences exist between "settings->transcoder" and "select a file->right mouse button->transcoding file"? Which one has a high priority? I observed that If I choose mkv file at "settings->transcoder" and movies Ts-muxer at "transcoding profile", the generated transcoded file has a m2ts extension instead.

Thanks in advance.