Fast forward

Schlankili

Fast forward

Post by Schlankili »

With my Panasonic 50GW20 i have the problem, that fast forward doesn't work. I convert all videofiles to divX, because it is most compatible. With other Mediaserver it works fine (Windows Media)!

Could you give me a hint what to do?

At the moment im in test period of the WMS, but i plan to buy it, because it works fine, expected the fast forward!

Thank you!
rickymartin

Re: Fast forward

Post by rickymartin »

Have you tried to skip in video through transcoding? You can setup WMS for 5,10,15,30 minutes in video time.
Schlankili wrote:With my Panasonic 50GW20 i have the problem, that fast forward doesn't work. I convert all videofiles to divX, because it is most compatible. With other Mediaserver it works fine (Windows Media)!

Could you give me a hint what to do?

At the moment im in test period of the WMS, but i plan to buy it, because it works fine, expected the fast forward!

Thank you!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Addition: try to use the device configuration "DLNA Device (version 1.5, 16:9, 720x406)" (Settings - Device - Type or Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Type)
Schlankili

Post by Schlankili »

Hi Eugene,

both things doesn't work!

If i skip, the Panasonic will skip the whole file. If i try to use the Setup of the DLNA 1.5 Device, i can't connect to the WMS. I'll se the WMS at TV, but the connection doesn't work. :(

I think, that there is a generell problem in transcoding for the 50GW20... if converted all videos to DIVx befor adding to the WMS! If WMS does not need to transcode, i'll be able to watch the video's, but without fast forward! If i let the WMS trancode the videos the panasonic says: "No correct file!" :(

Regards Thomas
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Via the folder Transcoding you can select playback of the original file (the folder Original).
Disabling transcoding: Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - Movies - *
Possible for connection the device must be enabled mode "Authorization service" (Settings - Device).
You can disable the mode "Include in the description of supported files of films the link with transcoding" (Settings - Device)