Subtitles problem when transcoding and fast forward

mirceadeliu

Subtitles problem when transcoding and fast forward

Post by mirceadeliu »

Hello,

First of all I want to congratulate you on your work, this is from far the best media server I have seen.

Right now I'm evaluating WMS and I have encounterd a subtitle bug. I have a Samsung LE40B650 model and WMS is set on Samsung TV (1080) device.

Here is how you can reproduce the bug:

1)you need to have an MKV movie (ex. Gladiator.mkv) and a SRT subtitle(ex. Gladiator.srt); the subtitle needs to be in the same folder as the movie
2)open the Samsung TV and go to the WMS Transcoding folder, go to Gladiator movie folder, configure the transcoding to show the subtitle(Configuration->Subtitle->Gladiator.srt->Gladiator.srt->OK)
3)start the transcoded movie (T)Gladiator.mkv
4)the movie plays fine, the subtitle is visible, everything is fine until you try to Fast Forward the movie. After you Fast Forward the movie you will see that two subtitles are visible:
-the big one is the subtitle that you have selected in step 2); this one is fine, works perfect
-the small subtitle is the one that need to be removed; this subtitle is not synchronized with the movie, is far back; I suspect that the Samsung TV movie player retrives this subtitle when the movie is Fast Forwarded

Please fix this bug or let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Mircea
Eugene

Re: Subtitles problem when transcoding and fast forward

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
mirceadeliu wrote: Right now I'm evaluating WMS and I have encounterd a subtitle bug. I have a Samsung LE40B650 model and WMS is set on Samsung TV (1080) device.

Here is how you can reproduce the bug:

1)you need to have an MKV movie (ex. Gladiator.mkv) and a SRT subtitle(ex. Gladiator.srt); the subtitle needs to be in the same folder as the movie
2)open the Samsung TV and go to the WMS Transcoding folder, go to Gladiator movie folder, configure the transcoding to show the subtitle(Configuration->Subtitle->Gladiator.srt->Gladiator.srt->OK)
3)start the transcoded movie (T)Gladiator.mkv
4)the movie plays fine, the subtitle is visible, everything is fine until you try to Fast Forward the movie. After you Fast Forward the movie you will see that two subtitles are visible:
-the big one is the subtitle that you have selected in step 2); this one is fine, works perfect
-the small subtitle is the one that need to be removed; this subtitle is not synchronized with the movie, is far back; I suspect that the Samsung TV movie player retrives this subtitle when the movie is Fast Forwarded

Please fix this bug or let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Start a playback through Intervals folder (instead of Fast forward)
mirceadeliu

Post by mirceadeliu »

Eugene wrote:Hello,
Hello,

I will try this but you still have to fix this bug. I must be able to Fast forward even when transcoding.

Thank you,
Mircea
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
mirceadeliu wrote:
I will try this but you still have to fix this bug. I must be able to Fast forward even when transcoding.
For the server has no concept of fast forward
mirceadeliu

Post by mirceadeliu »

mirceadeliu wrote:
Yes, but just in this special case you can try to rename the transcoded video so that it will not match the subtitle file name.

If this dosen't work you can try to reject the subtitle GET call that the Samsung TV video player makes when it tries to retrive the subtitle.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mircea
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mirceadeliu wrote:
mirceadeliu wrote:
Yes, but just in this special case you can try to rename the transcoded video so that it will not match the subtitle file name.

If this dosen't work you can try to reject the subtitle GET call that the Samsung TV video player makes when it tries to retrive the subtitle.

What do you think?
I think, you simply turn off the subtitles on the TV. Deny requests subtitle is a bad idea :)
mirceadeliu

Post by mirceadeliu »

Eugene wrote:
mirceadeliu wrote:
mirceadeliu wrote:

What do you think?
I think, you simply turn off the subtitles on the TV. Deny requests subtitle is a bad idea :)
I would turn it off but the subtitle menu is not visible on the TV. I have a Samsung LE40B650 TV, something must be missing.

Thank you,
Mircea