What about two boxes?

weaver4

Re: What about two boxes?

Post by weaver4 »

I did not see any place to turn on the short identifiers. I do not see anything called Thumbnails, identifiers.

But, I don't know if I am using the correct version. I downloaded the latest, installed it and the About Box says it is 0.72 of 1.14.2010; is this not the 0.72.2 version you spoke of? Where do I get it?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I did not see any place to turn on the short identifiers. I do not see anything called Thumbnails, identifiers.

But, I don't know if I am using the correct version. I downloaded the latest, installed it and the About Box says it is 0.72 of 1.14.2010; is this not the 0.72.2 version you spoke of? Where do I get it?
Link to the update file here http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p=371#p371
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

I did some experimentation and here is what I got.

Type: Popcorn
Short Identifiers: On
Authorize Server: On
Result: Error: Not Content Found on Server

Short Identifiers: Off

Authorize Server: Off
Result: Error: Server Time Out (never connected)

Type: Popcorn XBOX
Result: Works!

What else should we try?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I did some experimentation and here is what I got.

Type: Popcorn XBOX
Result: Works!

What else should we try?
Thank you for tests, I think the device still requires folders IDs Windows Media Sharing. This will be for the Popcorn in the next version.
st72

Post by st72 »

Hi,

I also have multiple devices...

With lots of effort I got NetGem IPTV-box working with WMS: no transcoding, with DTS audio etc.

The second box is Popcorn Hour A-200. I followed guidelines in this thread, renamed WD profile to Popcorn XBOX.
After setting HTTP 1.0 = on, I finally managed to get Popcorn playing videos.

Like GetGem, Popcorn also plays virtually any format but I can't configure WMS to send stuff without transcoding.
Biggest problem is with MKV. I can see from server CPU that WMS starts transcoding something but I do not know what/why. After 30 seconds picture starts to stutter, then I loose audio and finally the stream totally.

Please advice, what I need to do to send MKV without transcoding?

mpg, ts, vob, flac play fine with Popcorn. For all these I managed to get rid of transcoding.

Another issue: can't open jpg. All I get is 'Could not open' from Popcorn immediately after choosing the picture.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
st72 wrote:
I also have multiple devices...

With lots of effort I got NetGem IPTV-box working with WMS: no transcoding, with DTS audio etc.

The second box is Popcorn Hour A-200. I followed guidelines in this thread, renamed WD profile to Popcorn XBOX.
After setting HTTP 1.0 = on, I finally managed to get Popcorn playing videos.

Like GetGem, Popcorn also plays virtually any format but I can't configure WMS to send stuff without transcoding.
Biggest problem is with MKV. I can see from server CPU that WMS starts transcoding something but I do not know what/why. After 30 seconds picture starts to stutter, then I loose audio and finally the stream totally.

Please advice, what I need to do to send MKV without transcoding?
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Movies - * - Photo - *
st72

Post by st72 »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Movies - * - Photo - *
Been there, done that... does not help. MKVs seem to be transcoded, JPGs generate "Could not open".

The URL that Popcorn sees is "<some-cryptic-code>.mkv?infokey=.....". On server, process wms.exe hits to 25% CPU and almost exactly 30 secs later picture stutters and audio disappears.

Needless to say that both MKVs and JPGs play fine when opened via SMB. My MKVs are ripped from DVDs (MPEG2+AC3/DTS+DVDSUB), no HD video.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

st72 wrote:
Eugene wrote:Hi,
Been there, done that... does not help. MKVs seem to be transcoded, JPGs generate "Could not open".

The URL that Popcorn sees is "<some-cryptic-code>.mkv?infokey=.....". On server, process wms.exe hits to 25% CPU and almost exactly 30 secs later picture stutters and audio disappears.

Needless to say that both MKVs and JPGs play fine when opened via SMB. My MKVs are ripped from DVDs (MPEG2+AC3/DTS+DVDSUB), no HD video.
You can try update to 1.09rc1 (changes for url).
Settings - Transcoder - turn on "Show transcoding panel", turn off DLNA 1.0, DLNA 1.5 (Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings)
st72

Post by st72 »

cmk001 wrote:May be you need a 2nd licence for 2nd device.
I'm still in trial version, just few days left :D

The problem with MKV could be on the device (Popcorn) also, because I tested with Tversity and saw identical problems.
I'll check with NMT support forums and revert when necessary.

But the other problem with JPGs seems to be more WMS related because Tversity displays photos OK.
I'll update to version v1.09 and report later.

In the meanwhile I need to test my 3rd device (Sony BDP) before trial period expires.