leonov

Movies will be transcoded when Sound is DTS or DCA

Post by leonov »

Hello,

(sorry my engl. is not so good)
My Software/Equipment:
WMS 1.5.0.1 on Windows Home Server - Dual Core 2GB RAM Gigabit LAN
Samsung LED-TV UE40C7700 Full HD wired with 100Mbit LAN

I stream various MKVs via WMS on my TV. If Sound-Codec is AC3 in the MKV, i have no Problems.
Movie is clear, smooth and i can spool the Movie.
But if the Sound-Codec in the MKV is DTS or DCA, WMS transcode the Sound and in series sometimes stutters the Movie and i can't spool the Movie.

There are Settings in WMS available to prohibit Sound-Transcoding in Case of Sound is DTS or DCA?
My TV supports DTS, DCA and many other Codecs without Transcoding. If i play these MKV over USB-HDD, i have absult no Problems with Sound or anything.

A similar Problem exists with Subtitles. I can deselect the Subtitel in the Movie-List(right click...) -> no Transcoding -> no Problems. It is possible to disable the Subtitle(Transcoding) automatically?

Thank you and regards
Mirko
Eugene

Re: Movies will be transcoded when Sound is DTS or DCA

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
leonov wrote: My Software/Equipment:
WMS 1.5.0.1 on Windows Home Server - Dual Core 2GB RAM Gigabit LAN
Samsung LED-TV UE40C7700 Full HD wired with 100Mbit LAN

I stream various MKVs via WMS on my TV. If Sound-Codec is AC3 in the MKV, i have no Problems.
Movie is clear, smooth and i can spool the Movie.
But if the Sound-Codec in the MKV is DTS or DCA, WMS transcode the Sound and in series sometimes stutters the Movie and i can't spool the Movie.

There are Settings in WMS available to prohibit Sound-Transcoding in Case of Sound is DTS or DCA?
My TV supports DTS, DCA and many other Codecs without Transcoding. If i play these MKV over USB-HDD, i have absult no Problems with Sound or anything.

A similar Problem exists with Subtitles. I can deselect the Subtitel in the Movie-List(right click...) -> no Transcoding -> no Problems. It is possible to disable the Subtitle(Transcoding) automatically?
Settings-Device-Embedded file support-Movies-* (disable transcoding)
leonov

Post by leonov »

Thank you, and whats with the DTS und DCA?
leonov

Post by leonov »

...it works. Your Setting was the right Thing but under the wrong Place/Window. Under Settings-Device-Embedded file support-Movies-* has absolut no effect(yes i made a restart).

But it works with the same Setting under following Path: Server-> "my Samsung TV-Name" -> edit -> settings -> media Resource,server". And under the Tab "Transcoding" are absolut wrong Settings per Default selected. I have a fresh Installation and the "Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080)" Profile selected.
Under the Path "Server-> "my Samsung TV-Name" -> edit -> settings -> Transcoding" are settings(Resolution 1280x720) selected, that not match to the Samsung Full HD Profile. After i correct these Settings in this Path, everything works well, without Transcoding. I mean that are the Settings from the "Samsung...1280x..." Profile. But i'm not sure.

BUT - i tried many Media Server Software, WMS is the absolut Best all of them. Sometimes a little bit tricky to configure but TOP!
Great Work Eugene!

Regards
Mirko
blinks

Post by blinks »

Hi,
I actually have the same problem. My samsung tv can handle mkv with DCA code. however when I'm streaming the this video through wild media server, it was transcoded. I have configured to stream mkv directly in Settings-Device-Embedded file support-Movies.
oh by the way, this mkv contains subtitles inside. does it make difference?

how can i configure it not being transcoded? thanks
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
blinks wrote: I actually have the same problem. My samsung tv can handle mkv with DCA code. however when I'm streaming the this video through wild media server, it was transcoded. I have configured to stream mkv directly in Settings-Device-Embedded file support-Movies.
oh by the way, this mkv contains subtitles inside. does it make difference?

how can i configure it not being transcoded? thanks
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 4096#p4096
blinks

Post by blinks »

yea, i did so and it stopped transcoding everything, but I do want WMS to transcode rmvb movie files meanwhile... is there a way to work around?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
blinks wrote:
yea, i did so and it stopped transcoding everything, but I do want WMS to transcode rmvb movie files meanwhile... is there a way to work around?
Device configuration: "Samsung BD Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"

Special settings for the transcoding of files: Settings - File types or
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - File types
blinks

Post by blinks »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
blinks wrote:
Device configuration: "Samsung BD Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"

Special settings for the transcoding of files: Settings - File types or
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - File types
thanks. almost worked out. I disabled DCA check in mkv and it worked for most of my mkv files (no more transcoding) except one but i think it is file specific.
libero

Post by libero »

Can somebody help me ?

I have the film as attached.
What's the right configuration to see it on my Samsung UE40B7000 ?

Do I absolutely need to transcode ? (I got audio not in sync and some video lag)
If I do not transcode i get no audio with perfect video.

If is necessary to transcode it is because audio is not supported (the manual say it supports MP3 AC3 LPCM ADPCM in MKV files) or because it is multitrack ?

Thanks to anyone.

Libero
Attachments
DCA.jpg
DCA.jpg (95.74 KiB) Viewed 17198 times