LG BD 390 and flac files

massimamanno

LG BD 390 and flac files

Post by massimamanno »

Hi,

I have registered the software recently with the Christmas discount, so I'm using version 1.08.
I am very happy with the software, I can stream hundreds of movies with no problems, except a couple of .vob dvd rips which aren't transcoded correctly, but this isn't my problem now.

My problem is with music, and precisely with flac files. As you know, LG BD390 does not support them, so they must be transcoded. I tried many different .flac files, all of which seem to be working (they play correctly in foobar), with the following results:

when transcoded to .wav, none of them is read by the LG
when transcoded to lpcm, some are played, some aren't
when transcoded to .mp3, they all work.

But, my problem is, .mp3 is not lossless as far as I know, not even at 320kbs, so what's the point in keeping lots of lossless (and quite large) .flac files, if for playing them I must transcode them to a lossy format anyway?

So my questions is: is there a way to transcode flac to a lossless format which the LG can read, maybe a different/better transcoder to wav or lpcm?

Thank you

Massimiliano
Eugene

Re: LG BD 390 and flac files

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
massimamanno wrote:
I have registered the software recently with the Christmas discount, so I'm using version 1.08.
I am very happy with the software, I can stream hundreds of movies with no problems, except a couple of .vob dvd rips which aren't transcoded correctly, but this isn't my problem now.

My problem is with music, and precisely with flac files. As you know, LG BD390 does not support them, so they must be transcoded. I tried many different .flac files, all of which seem to be working (they play correctly in foobar), with the following results:

when transcoded to .wav, none of them is read by the LG
when transcoded to lpcm, some are played, some aren't
when transcoded to .mp3, they all work.

But, my problem is, .mp3 is not lossless as far as I know, not even at 320kbs, so what's the point in keeping lots of lossless (and quite large) .flac files, if for playing them I must transcode them to a lossy format anyway?

So my questions is: is there a way to transcode flac to a lossless format which the LG can read, maybe a different/better transcoder to wav or lpcm?
By default transcoded to lpcm and I have no problems with playing flac-files. Can you provide a sample with problem ?
massimamanno

Post by massimamanno »

They are too big to be posted in the forum, I don't know how to split them at the moment and anyway splitting them might change the problem... can I send a sample to the email address from which you sent me the registration number?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

massimamanno wrote:They are too big to be posted in the forum, I don't know how to split them at the moment and anyway splitting them might change the problem... can I send a sample to the email address from which you sent me the registration number?
Yes, of course, rapidshare.com, support@wildmediaserver.com
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Thanks, problem with Duration - wrong value after scanning. At this point you can only edit - right click - Edit information. I'll try to fix
massimamanno

Post by massimamanno »

wow thanks... I did not hope in such a fast fix :-)

All files previously not working in lpcm now seem to work, at least on a fast check, thanks again

Massimiliano