Re: Server Start button just flashes up Start server

Post by Eugene »

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS -the Lucid Lynx, Wine 1.3.9

After http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 3613#p3613 no problems
wms_trial_london

Post by wms_trial_london »

Hi Eugene,

I guess your terse message is to mean that you tried it?

As I said in my message ("Installed the certificate as suggested..."), I had done exactly as you suggested in the message you refer to, but it made no change to the failure to start up or give diagnostics about that failure. In addition (i.e., it made it arguably worse), there is now the diagnostic message "Program file is corrupted. It is recommended to reinstall the program from the distribution kit.". The latter message is already part of the GUI startup, i.e., it shows up before any attempt to start the server.

I am running the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 10.04, just in case this makes a difference.

Is there any way to switch on more diagnostics?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
wms_trial_london wrote: I guess your terse message is to mean that you tried it?

As I said in my message ("Installed the certificate as suggested..."), I had done exactly as you suggested in the message you refer to, but it made no change to the failure to start up or give diagnostics about that failure. In addition (i.e., it made it arguably worse), there is now the diagnostic message "Program file is corrupted. It is recommended to reinstall the program from the distribution kit.". The latter message is already part of the GUI startup, i.e., it shows up before any attempt to start the server.

I am running the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 10.04, just in case this makes a difference.

Is there any way to switch on more diagnostics?
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download - 64 bit
I reproduced the problem: I skip the step 5
5. Click "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"

Now, no problems on 64-bit