LG LD550 and Hulu/FLV streaming problem

wilkinsd501

LG LD550 and Hulu/FLV streaming problem

Post by wilkinsd501 »

I have an LG DL550 DLNA capable TV and have installed a trial version of WMS V1.07 on my Windows 7 PC. I set WMS up with the "Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080)" profile and everything works great (I can watch AVI, MVK, MP4, WMV, MPG and VOB files), except for the streaming/watching of podcasts from Hulu/ESPN/FOX etc. I loaded the WDF files for these sources and can see them OK in WMS and on my TV, but when I go to watch one of the shows I always get an "Invalid File" error.

I have used the "Test Encoding" from within WMS and this works fine, and creates a MPG file in the temporary folder. If I then copy the created MPG file over to my shared folder I am able to watch it OK on my TV. This suggests that the dumping of the FLV file down from Hulu and the transcoding to MPG is all working OK, but somehow doing things in 'realtime' with the encoding happening in parallel to watching the show is not working.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Daren
wilkinsd501

Re: LG LD550 and Hulu/FLV streaming problem

Post by wilkinsd501 »

Any ideas from anyone? The main reason to use WMS is for TV streams from Hulu etc, so without this ability I'll just have to save my money.