Configuration file for Sony BDV-E370/670/870

Help other users and get free licenses Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)
dimus

Configuration file for Sony BDV-E370/670/870

Post by dimus »

Hi, I bought new Sony TV and new Home Cinema. After some searching around I found your great software, seriously WOW, after comparing to others you are clearly the leader. Although I have to say License cost is quite high, but then I saw that you may give away some free licences for help with software.

I saw that in devices section you don't have any enties for my Sony Home Cinema, so what I did is used Sony BDP-S370/470/570/770 device config as a starting point. After a week of tweaking around I found the best configuration that works perfectly with my Home Cinema streaming .mkv and divx movies with subtitles without any problems even under heavy load on my laptop. So I thought I may share this file with you.
Attachments
sonybdv_dlna_wide_1280x720.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 873 times
dimus

Re: Configuration file for Sony BDV-E370/670/870

Post by dimus »

Just a quick adjustment, I used "Movies - MPLEX" transcoding profile, but as Eugene suggested "using it by default is not a good idea - always happens transcoding video, podcasts are not working", so if you have troubles with this my next best transcoding profile was "Movies (primary) - 1280x720". But if you want to use it mainly for movies MPlex was the winner for me. Hope this helps. Thanks Eugene.