pANASONIC G20 - LAN crashes

minatism

pANASONIC G20 - LAN crashes

Post by minatism »

Hi

For some time I have had problems running movies. After a (somewhat random, apparently) timespan, my LAN will simply shut down and the card will have to be reset. This obviously stops the movie running.

Hardware profile:
Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller (Motherboard)
Panasonic G20
CISCO dual-band gigabit router

Software:
Version 1.04.7 WMS

Can anyone give some pointers as to what is causing this problem and if I can possibly fix it? I am half-way down in the hardware shop for a 10m HDMI cable, but even if that solution would allow me to watch my damned movies, I can't really settle with the idea of "giving up" on DLNA. As far as I can see, all hardware should be perfectly able to stream DVD-quality (I stream VOB-files in order to preserve quality and 5.1 audio), but something is obviously causing the system to fold on me.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
J.T.K.

Re: pANASONIC G20 - LAN crashes

Post by J.T.K. »

Hi,
did you tried to "ping" the TV or the computer with WMS? What do you mean by "LAN will simply shut down and the card will have to be reset"? Does it mean that whole LAN has problem or only TV's LAN adapter?
I would recommend to exclude Cisco router from wiring. Just connect the computer and TV with ethernet crossover (or stright) cable. If problems persists then you could try to "ping" the TV's IP address from the WMS computer and observe if pings are still working fine or not.

Good luck.

J.T.K.