LG Infinia LE8800 and MKV

kdmkdm

LG Infinia LE8800 and MKV

Post by kdmkdm »

Hello to all!

Yesterday evening I've tried to view an MKV file with the WildMediaServer and everything goes fine. When I tried to change the audio track or select some subtitles, nothings appens: I cannot change the track or select a subtitle (the MKV has two AC3 and one DTS).

I've tried several profile, put the transcoding when subtitles are found, modified a lot of things, without success. I'm looking for a good DLNA server and for sure I'll buy it if I can switch to audio track. The subtitles are of course inside the MKV.

In attach the LG Infinia menu for change the video options.
Thank you,
Roberto
Infinia LE8800 Video Menu
Infinia LE8800 Video Menu
IMG00084-20100813-0044.jpg (222.66 KiB) Viewed 12120 times
Eugene

Re: LG Infinia LE8800 and MKV

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kdmkdm wrote:Hello to all!

Yesterday evening I've tried to view an MKV file with the WildMediaServer and everything goes fine. When I tried to change the audio track or select some subtitles, nothings appens: I cannot change the track or select a subtitle (the MKV has two AC3 and one DTS).

I've tried several profile, put the transcoding when subtitles are found, modified a lot of things, without success. I'm looking for a good DLNA server and for sure I'll buy it if I can switch to audio track. The subtitles are of course inside the MKV.

In attach the LG Infinia menu for change the video options.
What type of device do you use? (Settings - Device - Type)
kdmkdm

Post by kdmkdm »

I've tried several type, the last one was the LG BD Player...I suppose they use the same DLNA 1.5/HTTP settings...nothings appear (but the movie is showed very well).

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.
R
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

kdmkdm wrote:I've tried several type, the last one was the LG BD Player...I suppose they use the same DLNA 1.5/HTTP settings...nothings appear (but the movie is showed very well).
If you have chosen a transcoding profile, the problem may be in this, the file will be only video and audio track. Clear profile can be a list of films on the right mouse button.
kdmkdm

Post by kdmkdm »

what kind of profile do I need?
Thank you,
Roberto
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

kdmkdm wrote:what kind of profile do I need?
According to the user manual LG TV supports mkv, transcoding profile is not needed. Or you need a DTS track ?
I think you can use the transcoding profile "Movies - TsMuxer", choose the audio track in the main form of the program on right click mouse or through the folder Settings (TV navigation via folder Transcoding).
kdmkdm

Post by kdmkdm »

mmm...ok, but I think there is some strange trouble with LG and MKV because if I put the mkv file into a USB key, the audio track still remain grey (not available). I hope there's a way to change it from DLNA, but the same thing appear in when I play remotely this MKV (two AC3 tarck and one DTS).

Thank you very much for you time.
R