Argosy HV335T

mikelexp

Argosy HV335T

Post by mikelexp »

Hi! First of all, WMS is simply amazing. Eugene, have you coded it all by yourself? You're a crazy genius :)

I'm trying v1.01 with my Argosy HV335T media player. It works perfectly for movies, but I mostly want it for Internet TV. It works, but most of the time I have to try 2 or 3 times in order to get the stream to play. For example the link http://www.tn.com.ar/vivo/metafile.asx always plays fine on my PC (with WMP11 or VLC) but at least half of the times I try it with WMS, it fails and my player shows an "Invalid file" error. Then I try again and after a few seconds the streams starts playing. Any idea? I've attached my config file.

One more thing about WMS. It took me a lot of work to find it. Google didn't help at all, it showed me a couple of other media servers but not WMS. It's a shame that such an amazing piece of software remains so hidden inside Google's search results, I hope you can do something about it. I've been trying different media serves for about a month and until yesterday I didn't know that WMS existed. Now, of course, I've uninstalled everything else!
Attachments
argosy_hv335t.zip
(2.75 KiB) Downloaded 1133 times
Eugene

Re: Argosy HV335T

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
mikelexp wrote: I'm trying v1.01 with my Argosy HV335T media player. It works perfectly for movies, but I mostly want it for Internet TV. It works, but most of the time I have to try 2 or 3 times in order to get the stream to play. For example the link http://www.tn.com.ar/vivo/metafile.asx always plays fine on my PC (with WMP11 or VLC) but at least half of the times I try it with WMS, it fails and my player shows an "Invalid file" error. Then I try again and after a few seconds the streams starts playing. Any idea? I've attached my config file.
You can use the splash on the waiting period of Internet stream.
To create the splash do the following:
1. Settings-Transcoder-specify the location of the transcoded files
2. At the selected channel, do a test transcoding.
3. When a file size of 10 MB, stop the test transcoding.
4. Copy the transcoded file to another location
5. Settings-Server-select a device-Settings-"Subtitles,transcoding file" - "Internet television" - Splash - specify the location of the splash file.

P.S. Splash applies to all Internet resources, there can be problems, if the transcoding file format does not correspond to splash file :!:
mikelexp

Re: Argosy HV335T

Post by mikelexp »

First, I've set all my streams to be transcoded in the same format (MPEG2TS 6mbps 25fps AC3 2.0 192kbps). Then I've been trying to use a splash video with mixed results. Sometimes it works fine, the splash plays for some seconds and then the real stream kicks in, and sometimes the transition between the splash and the stream throws an error in the player ("flow event - fatal error" it says, broken english maybe). I've tried with mpg and ts splash files, encoding them with the exact parameters that WMS uses to transcode the stream (I've also tried with test transcoding files). So I really don't know what to do, right now it seems very unstable, maybe it's my player's fault when using UPNP (if I use Net Shares it plays everything fine). I guess I prefer not to use a splash file and just keep on trying until I get the stream to play.