WDTV Live and mms stream (ETVNET)

kvad

WDTV Live and mms stream (ETVNET)

Post by kvad »

Hi,
I'm trying to play url like mms://66.231.177.100/MTVL_S0041/stream.wmv?t=PHJvb3QgYT0iaXRiXzQ4ZmIwNzZkNzY2OTVkNmE2MjI1OWQwMTZhMGFhZjFmIiBiPSIyMDk4NiIgYz0iOTkuMjMwLjE4NS4xMDkiIGQ9IjIwOTcxNCIgZT0iNjAwIiBmPSJGOlwwMDBcMjA5XDcxNFw2MDAud212IiBnPSI2MDAiIGg9IjUzIiBpPSIxIiBqPSIwIiBrPSJodHRwOi8vMTc0LjE0Mi4xODUuODAvc3RhdC93bXNfc3RhdGlzdGljcy5hc214IiBsPSJtYXR2aWxfMTNiODE1MjM0OWU5MzNiZTM2N2Y1Mzg2N2IxOGRiYzYiIG09IjY0IiAvPg%3d%3d

on WDTV Live using Wild Media server. Obviously WDTV Live cannot play mms streams. So I'm guessing I need transcoding. What transcoding should I use? I tried some existing ones and it did not work.
Eugene

Re: WDTV Live and mms stream (ETVNET)

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
kvad wrote: I'm trying to play url like mms://66.231.177.100/MTVL_S0041/stream.wmv?t=PHJvb3QgYT0iaXRiXzQ4ZmIwNzZkNzY2OTVkNmE2MjI1OWQwMTZhMGFhZjFmIiBiPSIyMDk4NiIgYz0iOTkuMjMwLjE4NS4xMDkiIGQ9IjIwOTcxNCIgZT0iNjAwIiBmPSJGOlwwMDBcMjA5XDcxNFw2MDAud212IiBnPSI2MDAiIGg9IjUzIiBpPSIxIiBqPSIwIiBrPSJodHRwOi8vMTc0LjE0Mi4xODUuODAvc3RhdC93bXNfc3RhdGlzdGljcy5hc214IiBsPSJtYXR2aWxfMTNiODE1MjM0OWU5MzNiZTM2N2Y1Mzg2N2IxOGRiYzYiIG09IjY0IiAvPg%3d%3d

on WDTV Live using Wild Media server. Obviously WDTV Live cannot play mms streams. So I'm guessing I need transcoding. What transcoding should I use? I tried some existing ones and it did not work.
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 1559#p1559
If the exact same problem, then you can use the identically same decision (to update the firmware on the older version). I updated WDTV Live firmware to the new version and now I have also problems with the transcoded content, I'll try to find a solution.
kvad

Post by kvad »

Привет! :)

No, that guy has totally different problem. His playback starts ok and then has issues. In my case it does not start at all. wdtv does not recognize the format.

Also I wanted to ask - my idea on transcoding was that I select source format and target format and that's all. Your implementation is quite complex - some functions, paxscript etc. Is there simpler way to just say "convert wmv to avi" and go?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
kvad wrote:
No, that guy has totally different problem. His playback starts ok and then has issues. In my case it does not start at all. wdtv does not recognize the format.

Also I wanted to ask - my idea on transcoding was that I select source format and target format and that's all. Your implementation is quite complex - some functions, paxscript etc. Is there simpler way to just say "convert wmv to avi" and go?
In version 0.73.4 (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... &f=3#p1623) changes to support the transcoded content on WDTV Live (firmware 1.02.21). The specified resource can be viewed with the profile transcoding "Internet-televison". On right click of the mouse you can perform a test transcoding.
kvad

Post by kvad »

Works! Thanks. Would you please tell what transcoding has to happen for wdtv live? I'm trying to understand why wdtv needs trancsoding what it should be...

Never mind - I figured it out - converts to mpeg2 :)