DTS transcoding to samsung b650

timbo

DTS transcoding to samsung b650

Post by timbo »

HI, great work on the application. so far it's worked better then anything else out there

I have some MKV files with DTS audio, and WMS doesn't seem to know to transcode the audio. the audio is the only codec the tv doesn't know how to play.

in simple terms how do i get WMS to transcode DTS audio to MP3 or AC3?
Eugene

Re: DTS transcoding to samsung b650

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
timbo wrote:HI, great work on the application. so far it's worked better then anything else out there

I have some MKV files with DTS audio, and WMS doesn't seem to know to transcode the audio. the audio is the only codec the tv doesn't know how to play.

in simple terms how do i get WMS to transcode DTS audio to MP3 or AC3?
Select a movie playback via Transcoding folder, or set the profile transcoding (Movies - TsMixer, Movies (primary)) in the list of films on the right-button mouse.
timbo

Post by timbo »

thanks works well, is there a way for WMS to auto detect that it needs to do this rather then manually selecting the transcoding type?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

timbo wrote:thanks works well, is there a way for WMS to auto detect that it needs to do this rather then manually selecting the transcoding type?
Settings-File types-for the file type you can choose to use profile transcoding. The program does not solve for the user what the soundtrack he wants to use.
mirceadeliu

Post by mirceadeliu »

Hello,

I have installed the 1.01 version in a Samsung LE40B653T5.

Is there any way to set the WMS to transcode only the audio file(from DTS to AC3 or some other format that my TV knows)?

My TV knows how to play the video file and transcoding the video file take lots of resources.

Please help!

Thanks,
Mircea
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
mirceadeliu wrote: I have installed the 1.01 version in a Samsung LE40B653T5.
Is there any way to set the WMS to transcode only the audio file(from DTS to AC3 or some other format that my TV knows)?
My TV knows how to play the video file and transcoding the video file take lots of resources.
On right click mouse in list of movies, you can select a transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer".
Via a folder Transcoding on the TV, you can choose a transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer" in a folder Settings.
mirceadeliu

Post by mirceadeliu »

Eugene wrote:Hello,
On right click mouse in list of movies, you can select a transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer".
Via a folder Transcoding on the TV, you can choose a transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer" in a folder Settings.
Are you sure that the transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer" only transcodes the audio file from the MKV file(from DTS to something that my TV can play)?

I have tried it to transcode a 1080P MKV movie and it takes about 20% of my processor and every few minutes I get a "Loading" indicator on my TV. I want you to know that I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Quad Core processor and 4 Gb of RAM memory.

I'm also having problems with the speed of the film and the synchronization between the movie and the sound. The movie is moving faster and the sound is left behind.

I think that if it was only transcoding the audio file (from DTS to something that my computer can play) it shouldn't take that much processing power.

I want you to know that my TV knows how to play the video file from the MKV movie.

Thanks,
Mircea
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
mirceadeliu wrote:
Eugene wrote: On right click mouse in list of movies, you can select a transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer".
Are you sure that the transcoding profile "Movies -TsMuxer" only transcodes the audio file from the MKV file(from DTS to something that my TV can play)?
If not enabled subtitles and TsMuxer supports video track, video track is not transcoded
mirceadeliu wrote: I have tried it to transcode a 1080P MKV movie and it takes about 20% of my processor and every few minutes I get a "Loading" indicator on my TV. I want you to know that I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Quad Core processor and 4 Gb of RAM memory.

I'm also having problems with the speed of the film and the synchronization between the movie and the sound. The movie is moving faster and the sound is left behind.

I think that if it was only transcoding the audio file (from DTS to something that my computer can play) it shouldn't take that much processing power.

I want you to know that my TV knows how to play the video file from the MKV movie.
On the right mouse button you can perform test transcoding, test play transcoded file in Windows. By default, the transcoded file is written to disk, it requires some system resources. In the setup (Settings-Transcoder-Other ) you can enable the use buffer of transcoding, maybe it will reduce the load on the system.