Help, problem playing podcasts!

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
uzi9mm

Help, problem playing podcasts!

Post by uzi9mm »

Hi,I have a problem playing all the podcasts that I have tried so far. ITV player plays for exactly 10 minutes and then freezes,
See,Saw, Five Player and 4od Youtube all Play for about 1 minute and then freeze,BBC Iplayer worked perfectly and now no longer works at all!.
I am using Vista but have also installed to Windows7 and I get exactly the same results.
I am streaming to a WDTV live although it seems to be a PC problem as I have run the test at the PC with the WDTV turned off. Same results.
My trial is fast running out, I need this to work!
Thanks
Eugene

Re: Help, problem playing podcasts!

Post by Eugene »

uzi9mm wrote:Hi,I have a problem playing all the podcasts that I have tried so far. ITV player plays for exactly 10 minutes and then freezes,
See,Saw, Five Player and 4od Youtube all Play for about 1 minute and then freeze,BBC Iplayer worked perfectly and now no longer works at all!.
I am using Vista but have also installed to Windows7 and I get exactly the same results.
I am streaming to a WDTV live although it seems to be a PC problem as I have run the test at the PC with the WDTV turned off. Same results.
Thanks
Happy New Year :)
uzi9mm

Post by uzi9mm »

Eugene wrote:
uzi9mm wrote:Hi,I have a problem playing all the podcasts that I have tried so far. ITV player plays for exactly 10 minutes and then freezes,
Thanks
Happy New Year :)
Happy New Year to you!!! :D
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Little positive, I checked out some links BBC iPlayer, no problems. Which episode is the problem?
uzi9mm

Post by uzi9mm »

OK, I have now wiped my computer, reinstalled Vista and WMS, updated everything and still get the same results, I realised I had installed the wrong iplayer script so I have now sorted that out, iplayer plays beautifully, everything plays smoothly from start to finish.
Itv player plays for 10 mins, seesaw and fiveplayer 2 mins, I have used the test transcoding feature, when the stream stops the message displayed in the console is "Warning:Stream does not start with recognised FLV frame, Ignoring data....."
This is driving me mad, I am sure others can play these streams no problem!.
uzi9mm

Post by uzi9mm »

Ok, after many hours working on this I have managed to get my podcasts working!
I found an older version of WMS v 1.05.1, installed it,then the podcast folders, played a tv episode and eureka it worked!, it played for twice as long as before, this time rtmpdump just stopped dead it did not display the "Warning:Stream does not start with the recognised FLV frame,Ignoring data ……" error.
I went to Settings-Media resources then to Internet resources tab then Podcasts- "number of attempts to resume download rtmp resources" and changed the value to 99. Almost everything I played after that worked perfectly.I figured that rtmpdump must have caused my problem, WMS 1.05.1 uses rtmpdump v2.2b and WMS 1.08 uses rtmpdump v2.3.
I am now running WMS 1.08.3 using rtmpdump 2.2b and all is working well.
The direct download from rtmpdump site V2.2b did not work for me, it had to be copied from the transcoders folder in WMS 1.05.1.
I have to say that now I have got this working I am very pleased although I cant get fiveplayer to work at all and when I want to use liveonlinefooty I have to drop rtmpdump v2.3 back into the transcoders folder!.