[RESOLVED] Some video files are not getting listed

SNiLD

[RESOLVED] Some video files are not getting listed

Post by SNiLD »

For some reason some of my video files are not getting listed by wild media server even though they shouldn't have anything different with other files that do get listed. I've tried moving them into different directories and I've tried renaming them but they still don't get listed. Media Player Classic Home Cinema and VLC both play these videos fine.

I'm using Wild Media Server 0.72.2 in Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit).

Btw. I can report that the service starting feature introduced in .1 (for 64-bit windows) and localized subtitles introduced in .2 seems to be working!

SOLUTION:

Wild Media Server can't list files that have their Date Modified set into the future. If you change the Date Modified into the past, your files will be listed. To do this in Windows Vista you can type:

Code: Select all

copy /b your_movie.mkv +,,
Eugene

Re: Some video files are not getting listed

Post by Eugene »

SNiLD wrote:For some reason some of my video files are not getting listed by wild media server even though they shouldn't have anything different with other files that do get listed. I've tried moving them into different directories and I've tried renaming them but they still don't get listed. Media Player Classic Home Cinema and VLC both play these videos fine.
File extension is registered in the Settings - File types ?
SNiLD

Post by SNiLD »

Seems that none of new files that I've added since last update are not getting listed anymore (be it .mkv or .avi). Could the update have broken something? I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it didn't help (I applied the .0 -> .2 patch directly before trying to generate the list). Does the program hold the index for movies somewhere else which is not deleted even when uninstalling?

And to answer your question, yes the file types are listed in the File Types list. They (.avi or .mkv) do not have anything in the DLNA field, though. Is this a problem? Other .mkv and .avi files are being listed and play well though.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

SNiLD wrote:Seems that none of new files that I've added since last update are not getting listed anymore (be it .mkv or .avi). Could the update have broken something? I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it didn't help (I applied the .0 -> .2 patch directly before trying to generate the list). Does the program hold the index for movies somewhere else which is not deleted even when uninstalling?
If you uninstall program wih program data files, then no data should remain.
SNiLD wrote: And to answer your question, yes the file types are listed in the File Types list. They (.avi or .mkv) do not have anything in the DLNA field, though. Is this a problem? Other .mkv and .avi files are being listed and play well though.
Perhaps directories of media resources are used in file-sharing networks and files open for writing, these files are not included in the database of media resources.
SNiLD

Post by SNiLD »

I started Wild Media Server directly after rebooting my computer so no files or folders should be open for writing or even for reading. Did not help.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

SNiLD wrote:I started Wild Media Server directly after rebooting my computer so no files or folders should be open for writing or even for reading. Did not help.
Maybe you are looking for a file by its name, but it contains a Title, which differs from the file name
SNiLD

Post by SNiLD »

Eugene wrote:Maybe you are looking for a file by its name, but it contains a Title, which differs from the file name
Hmm? I'm looking for the files from the Watch Folders list. There should be only a single directory which contains that single file but neither the directory nor the file is being listed.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

SNiLD wrote:
Eugene wrote:Maybe you are looking for a file by its name, but it contains a Title, which differs from the file name
Hmm? I'm looking for the files from the Watch Folders list. There should be only a single directory which contains that single file but neither the directory nor the file is being listed.
You can run this test http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p=227#p227
SNiLD

Post by SNiLD »

I ran the test and it lists all the files in the directory, including the .mkv video file.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

SNiLD wrote:
I ran the test and it lists all the files in the directory, including the .mkv video file.
Try turn off "Read properties of new files when scanning" (Settings-Media-resources-Scanning)