Podcasts not working

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
dgat

Podcasts not working

Post by dgat »

Hi

Again I am new to this and now playing with Podcasts to try and get I-Player working for a start.

I have put the wdf file into WMS and the list shows on the left had side but I have no content at all - I have selected to do an update and it says it is downloading podcast list but nothing ever appears

Am I being dumb?

Cheers!
S@gittarius

Re: Podcasts not working

Post by S@gittarius »

dgat wrote:Hi

Again I am new to this and now playing with Podcasts to try and get I-Player working for a start.

I have put the wdf file into WMS and the list shows on the left had side but I have no content at all - I have selected to do an update and it says it is downloading podcast list but nothing ever appears

Am I being dumb?

Cheers!
If talking about BBC iPlayer and you are not in the UK you won't be able to use it. Currently this service is only available for UK residents .
dgat

Post by dgat »

S@gittarius wrote:
dgat wrote:Hi

Am I being dumb?

Cheers!
If talking about BBC iPlayer and you are not in the UK you won't be able to use it. Currently this service is only available for UK residents .
I am in the UK
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
dgat wrote:

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 1624#p1624 - possible problems and solutions
dgat

Post by dgat »

Thanks Eugene but there isnt anything in that post that even remotely mentions not getting anything when update is selected!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:Thanks Eugene but there isnt anything in that post that even remotely mentions not getting anything when update is selected!
Check access to the Internet
1. Select folder "All Movies".
2. Select any file
3. On right click mouse "Edit information"
4. Click search on websites
imdb.JPG
imdb.JPG (16.54 KiB) Viewed 8033 times
5. In field "Link" paste http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bbc_hd/list
bbc.JPG
bbc.JPG (61.83 KiB) Viewed 8033 times
6. Press Enter
dgat

Post by dgat »

That works fine Eugene! But still no podcast updates
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:But still no podcast updates
Remove BBC iPlayer folder, add again.
bbciplayer.JPG
bbciplayer.JPG (81.74 KiB) Viewed 8026 times
dgat

Post by dgat »

I have done that several times - and have just done it again but still no change - if I view the list inside the podcast I can see the list in the browser but if I run update podcasts I see nothing on the right had side at all
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:I have done that several times - and have just done it again but still no change - if I view the list inside the podcast I can see the list in the browser but if I run update podcasts I see nothing on the right had side at all
On right click mouse in folder list - "Restore folders" - "Update podcasts"