After 1.08.4 upgrade Youtube = Black screen with sound

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
S@gittarius

After 1.08.4 upgrade Youtube = Black screen with sound

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi Eugene,
Finally I got 1.08.4 to work for me but now I have a very strange problem with Youtube podcasts.
When I start playing a Youtube item with “Movies – tsMuxer” profile I get a black screen with a normal sound. If I press the [|<<] button on the remote to rewind from the beginning the video starts normally with audio and video. I noticed that was the case for HDs (720p and 1080p) but some other videos with smaller resolution acted the same. There is no such a problem when using “Movies – primary” profile. My TV is a SONY if it does matter.
So how can I fix Youtube HDs to start playing normally with tsMuxer profile?

Regards.
Eugene

Re: After 1.08.4 upgrade Youtube = Black screen with sound

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: Finally I got 1.08.4 to work for me but now I have a very strange problem with Youtube podcasts.
When I start playing a Youtube item with “Movies – tsMuxer” profile I get a black screen with a normal sound. If I press the [|<<] button on the remote to rewind from the beginning the video starts normally with audio and video. I noticed that was the case for HDs (720p and 1080p) but some other videos with smaller resolution acted the same. There is no such a problem when using “Movies – primary” profile. My TV is a SONY if it does matter.
You can try to download a file, check playback.
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: Finally I got 1.08.4 to work for me but now I have a very strange problem with Youtube podcasts.
You can try to download a file, check playback.
Hi,
I am afraid I don’t understand you.
Why do I need to download the file?
I’d like to play it online like ever before. Even items I have never had problems with now begin with a black screen.
I’ve been pursued by similar problems since 1.07.x upgrade. In the past I managed to work around them by using ffmpeg-1.dll from 1.05.3 version. But now it doesn’t work either.
Is there anything changed in tsMuxer profile?
And one more thing. How can I make a negative time shift for the audio stream? Something like minus 1 to 2 seconds?
Regards
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi Eugene,
I managed to play podcasts again but the situation is only improved I should say.
I put a small piece of code (very small indeed) in tsMuxer profile as follows:

Code: Select all

if sTranscodingParams <> '' then TranscodingResult := WmsTranscodingExecute('WMSMPEG', sTranscodingParams, False, InputFileName);
 -->     WmsSleep(750);      
      TranscodingResult := WmsTranscodingExecute('TSMUXER', '"' + sMetaFileName + '" "' + OutputFileName + '"', True);
    end
  finally
    MetaFileLines.Free
  end
end.
Now most of the podcasts start with video again without any other intervention. But not always. Some of them still have a black screen on start and I have to rewind from the begging in order to watch the video. Sometimes it plays 1-2 seconds and then jumps to the next item but so far I haven’t found a pattern. After some retries they start normally. I played with the milliseconds but the results are more or less the same. I have no problems with tsMuxer when a local media is played.

I assume tsMuxer profile is quite complicated compared to the Movies – Primary. I did some testing and found that in the finale transcoding arguments there are three pipes. Also when doing test transcoding the profile’s code is invoked only once whereas playing from TV it is called twice. Is it normal? Is it possible for you to make a new tsMuxer profile optimized for online media? And just to remember, Movies – Primary plays the same podcasts without problems only at the cost of quality.

Regards and keep on doing your great job!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Try increasing "File size for transfer start" (Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - "Subtitles, transcoding file" - "Transcoding file parameters" - "Internet-television")