Transcoding Questions

Eugene

Re: Transcoding Questions

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Arthur Dent wrote: I registered Wild Media Server for my Toshiba 40VL748G. Seems to work quite well, but there are some transcoding settings which I'd like to understand.

In the Settings, there is a 'Transcoding' section. There's also a Settings button for my TV (Settings => Server => Edit the device), where I also can set transcoding parameters. Which of the two is used when?
Individual settings of device (Settings => Server => Edit the device)
Arthur Dent wrote: Under Settings => Transcoder => Other there's a checkbox for 'Transcoding Buffer - transcoding without using the disc'. Sounds like transcoding in RAM to me and I'd like to use that. But if I klick the checkbox, I only get an error on my TV, no movie.
What format of transcoded file?
Arthur Dent wrote: What's the best setting for 'Change the original frame size'? In my opinion, the framesize shouldn't be changed (Lower CPU load). What does 'Minimum, fit to screen' mean exactly? And what happens with the framesizes which I choose in 'List of frame sizes for "Minimum, fit to screen" modes'?
If do not change the frame size, the device can stretch the image on the screen (lost the right proportions of objects)
In mode "Minimum, fit to screen" is selected nearest frame size, that device supports
Arthur Dent wrote: Suso reported in http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... reen#p4172 that he sometimes sees a green line on the top of a film. I have the same problem. Funny enough, if I start the transcoded file on my PC, where's no green line there.
Try to select format "W:H" (Transcoding settings - Frame size) or play with Frame width & height