BeckITSolutions

Re: Newbie

Post by BeckITSolutions »

Hello to one and all
Sorry for the half post above.. don't know what happened there.
I would like to say a big thankyou to Eugene and everyone who is active on the forum. It has been a wealth of information for me.
I have just started to install new DLNA tech into a renovation house that I have been doing over some time and have looked into the DLNA part for the internal network that I have installed throughout the rooms.
This software has made it a pleasure.
I have just installed a Sony KDL 37v 5500 into one of the rooms , installed the softwrae on the server and played around with the settings after a good read of the forum.
All of my movies are playing flawlessly , all podcasts working excellent and streaming tv has begun. I have abvout 30 channels working perfectly from the list that Eugene has supplied.
There are the odd ones in the other 2/3 of the list I would like to get but will work on those at a later date. It would be good to have a list for each area of the world for links that work. I would appreciate any that people have for a UK based setup. (ITV1 and BB2 for starters would be nice, the ones on Eugenes list will not connect as of yet)
I have yet to do the internet radio setup but I don't think this will be much of an issue.
Podcast are working great too.
For the record my setup is
Server-Windows Home Server SP2 , Pentium4 3.0GHZ , 1TB Main Hard Drive, 2.5GB Memory
Internet is up to 10Meg line from Virgin to a wireless Dlink router to a 24 port unmanaged switch to a Krone 24 port patch panel supplying at least 2 Cat5 Points to each room (wish i had done more now).
I will be adding more DLNA devices over the near future and will post my findings and comments as and when they are installed.
So from me a big hello and a very big thankyou.
Shawn
kobusodendaal

Post by kobusodendaal »

Hello there. I want to get my device code but cannot get my program to run. Have purchased a lisense but do not know how to activate. Trial was great but really struggeling to get goiing again. Does not want to reinstall with any version of the program as suggested in forum. Shows my skill unfortunately. My experience would certainly be much better if I could get goiing. Could someone help??
Thx
Kobus
bubblegum

Post by bubblegum »

Hi, a lot of the program versions are an update from one version to another.

Find out your version & look carefully here

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

This might also help, it shows how to activate.

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... hp?f=3&t=6
:)
kobusodendaal

Post by kobusodendaal »

Thx for the reply. I have V1.02 installed. No matter what I try I get the message to go to the website to update, I am powerless to progress any further. I cannot get beyond this point. I need to be able to open the program or at least get it removed from my machine to reiinstall it or respond to any commands.
Thx
kobus
bubblegum

Post by bubblegum »

Apart from uninstall through windows, I can't think of anything else. :(