help needed - step by step instructio

Golabek

help needed - step by step instructio

Post by Golabek »

hi!

in my first words I wanted to thank you for all the work you are putting in making such programs like Wild Media Server.

i have beed looking through the forum and cannot find any instruction how to connect Wild Media Server with Samsung (or any other) TV. that would be really welcomed not only by me I am sure.

Laptop is connected to the LINKSYS router, TV is also connected to the LINKSYS router. I can see both - laptop and TV in the administration page when I enter the router settings...

I am at the point that Samsung sees my laptop (so I can see the DLNA server) but I can only have access to a folder called "shared movies" - so Vista movies called Lake, Bear etc (all on drive C:). Even though the other files, on drive D: are added as shared in Wild Media Server.
On top of that when I choose the movies I can see on the TV menu (so only from a "shared movies" folder - Lake, Bear) they do not open as the file format is not supported. I even tried to copy the movies to the "shared movie" folder on drive C but Samsung says that it does not support any of the files...

laptop - Windows Vista
antyvirus/firewall - COMMODO
TV:
model: PS50B650S1WXXH
ver. B804

software says "Current Version 2009/09/30_002005" - and when I want to update it with the latest firmware on the polish samsung web page it says that the version on the usb storage and the version in the TV is the same...