Unable to get DTS to play on PS3

jakefoot

Unable to get DTS to play on PS3

Post by jakefoot »

I am playing a MKV file with a DTS track via PS3. The audio comes through but not as DTS. What settings should I be using for this? So far I love the software. Just having this one little issue.
Eugene

Re: Unable to get DTS to play on PS3

Post by Eugene »

jakefoot wrote:I am playing a MKV file with a DTS track via PS3. The audio comes through but not as DTS. What settings should I be using for this? So far I love the software. Just having this one little issue.
PS3 not support DTS via DLNA.
jakefoot

Post by jakefoot »

Thanks. Do you know if the Sony Bravia TVs do? I have KDL-52XBR9. Appreciate the help.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

jakefoot wrote:Thanks. Do you know if the Sony Bravia TVs do? I have KDL-52XBR9. Appreciate the help.
As far as I know, Sony TVs do not yet support DTS, the support is in Blueray-players.
jakefoot

Post by jakefoot »

Bummer. Thanks again for the knowledge.
bhwsyd

Post by bhwsyd »

Just an update here.

You can play DTS audio on your PS3 (as long as your audio unit can handle DTS of course).

Download "mkv2vob" which is a rather clever little program that converts an mkv file with video (usually h264) and audio (DTS) into a patched vob file that will play on your PS3. The file will probably not play on many other media players.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bhwsyd wrote:Just an update here.

You can play DTS audio on your PS3 (as long as your audio unit can handle DTS of course).

Download "mkv2vob" which is a rather clever little program that converts an mkv file with video (usually h264) and audio (DTS) into a patched vob file that will play on your PS3. The file will probably not play on many other media players.
Settings - Transcoder - "Codecs, frame" - "Hide DTS in LPCM"