Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 / 470 / 570 / 770

Eugene

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 / 470 / 570 / 770

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
nikonshooter62 wrote:just want to give you feedback: Indeed, via the transcoding folder its working. I can play from any minute.
But this is not what I would like to have. The files I am watching containing comercials and therefore I want to fast forward to the point, where the movie beginns.
If you find some time, it would be really great if you could try to get it work (FF and Rewind) without this workarround.
Your software is very stable and the picture quality is far better than MSFT Media Server.
This restriction Sony BDP in DLNA-mode.
Zoltrix

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 & MKV Playback

Post by Zoltrix »

Eugene wrote:In my experience, the player supports mkv very weak
Hi Eugene, just curious as to why you would make such a statement. Via USB my S370 has played every mkv file I've thrown at, including 1080p mkv encodes up to 16GB in size. To me that would that would suggest its mkv support is rather good.
Eugene

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 & MKV Playback

Post by Eugene »

Zoltrix wrote:
Eugene wrote:In my experience, the player supports mkv very weak
Hi Eugene, just curious as to why you would make such a statement. Via USB my S370 has played every mkv file I've thrown at, including 1080p mkv encodes up to 16GB in size. To me that would that would suggest its mkv support is rather good.
From the tested MKV-files, the player supports ~20%, m2ts (1080) plays with stops without transcoding.
groggy

Post by groggy »

hi
i dont want to hijack this thread but i am a total noob at this. i have searched but this is the only thread i could find with my blu ray player in it so i thought i would post here.

i have downloaded the trial version as someone said i could watch an internet stream eg liveonlinefooty ,everythingon.tv that is being watched on my laptop and stream it to my tv through my bdp-s370.......well i have tried but i just dont have a clue how to get it working. is anyone able to help or will it not work? or should i start a new thread?

thank you
Kareem33

Post by Kareem33 »

RE .MKV playback:
I have to agree with Eugene, in that my own experience on the BDP-S370 has been it does not handle .MKV well. :cry:
It also doesn't handle FLAC audio in an MKV file at all?
I have a 4GB .MKV of Black Sabbath's Paranoid Classic Albums I use to check...

As an aside I have recently purchased a Medion Life HD Media Player E85015 from Aldi for $79 (AUD), and its WLAN dongle for $29, and using its hardware codec (rather than a Media Server like Wild, or Windows Media Player) streaming from my W7 Laptop, it plays the same .MKV file fine :)
ianblake

Post by ianblake »

i have a 570 mkv play perfect except no subtitles and cant rewind or fast forward and avi but suddenly the play doesn't see the avi files .. i made some change i use the restore default option now the player doesn't see the mkv eather