Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 / 470 / 570 / 770

grolschie

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 / 470 / 570 / 770

Post by grolschie »

An update my config so far:

My default setting in Settings -> Transcoder Transcoding File Params -> Extension:
Movies, and Internet TV = mpg. Music and Internet Radio = mp3.

Playing iTunes .m4a files:
The player can play AAC codec in movies, but I haven't figured out how to stream AAC .m4a files yet. So, I make sure that m4a is not listed in Settings -> Device -> Embedded File Support -> Music. The files will be transcoded to 320k MP3 files. LPCM doesn't seem to work for me as yet.

Playing DiVX/XVid files:
It will play DiVX files as is, whether named .divx or .avi. I make sure both are listed in: Settings -> Device -> Embedded File Support -> Movies, else they get transcoded.

Playing .mp4 (H.264/AVC codec) files:
Set the transcoder profile for these to "Movies - TS-Muxer", or rename to .avi file extension. This will avoid transcoding. "MPEG4" codec files seem to get transcoded though.

Playing .m4v and .mov files:
These have to be transcoded, so I make sure neither are listed in: Settings -> Device -> Embedded File Support -> Movies, else they get transcoded. Even though my .m4v file shows h.264 codec, it has an error when using "Movies - TS-Muxer" profile.

I hope that this helps someone.
moqwai

Post by moqwai »

i'm facing serious problems with mkv-files. Neither on my laptop nor on desktop-pc it is possible to get a transcoding above the files fps. Test-files are from here: http://www.divx.com/en/electronics/solu ... s-hd/video. No clean stream possible. Always stutters and hangs.

Fps on my laptop are around 20, on desktop-pc a bit lower. Desktop pc is an athlon x2 3500+, laptop is dual core 7100 (2x1800Mhz), fast enough, i think (at least the desktop pc). Wired network.

Tested with severall transcoding profiles, even with reducing the bitrate to 2.000.000 and setting the resolution to a minimum makes no difference. Device is set to Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080). Other Profiles > no difference. Directory for temporary files is set, big enough and so an. Tried everything. Mp4-files working, so no networkproblems.

The same files directly from an USB-Stick are working flawless. So no transcoding needed, but how can i manage this? No way found.

Any suggestions?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

moqwai wrote:i'm facing serious problems with mkv-files. Neither on my laptop nor on desktop-pc it is possible to get a transcoding above the files fps. Test-files are from here: http://www.divx.com/en/electronics/solu ... s-hd/video. No clean stream possible. Always stutters and hangs.

Fps on my laptop are around 20, on desktop-pc a bit lower. Desktop pc is an athlon x2 3500+, laptop is dual core 7100 (2x1800Mhz), fast enough, i think (at least the desktop pc). Wired network.

Tested with severall transcoding profiles, even with reducing the bitrate to 2.000.000 and setting the resolution to a minimum makes no difference. Device is set to Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080). Other Profiles > no difference. Directory for temporary files is set, big enough and so an. Tried everything. Mp4-files working, so no networkproblems.

The same files directly from an USB-Stick are working flawless. So no transcoding needed, but how can i manage this? No way found.

Any suggestions?
Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - add mkv, Settings - "File Types" - mkv - Edit - Delete "Additional verification support files"
moqwai

Post by moqwai »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Under ""File Types" - mkv - Edit - Delete "Additional verification support files" > no entry. At "Embedded file support" the mkv-entry was placed therer before.
Is there a way with the transcoder-folder? I've tried to set "original video", but no succes.

EDIT: Finally, i got it managed. But very strange behavior. I'll try to explain.

Start WMS, set the transcoding profile to movie(primary), start the server, on media device go through the folder to your movie directory. You can see the movie, but its not playing very well. Go to WMS, set the profile to "movie - tsmuxer" and then leave the folder as it is on the media device, the file plays perfectly with no transcoding. BUT, when you set the profile to "movie - tsmuxer" and THEN turn on your media device or you switch between folders and back after setting it to tsmuxer, the file doesn't show up, although it is supported by the player. Failure in WMS or player? Very strange. But finally, i know how to solve the mkv-problem ;)

I'll report if i see further flaws with mkv's.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

moqwai wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

Under ""File Types" - mkv - Edit - Delete "Additional verification support files" > no entry. At "Embedded file support" the mkv-entry was placed therer before.
Is there a way with the transcoder-folder? I've tried to set "original video", but no succes.
What information about the video shows the player when playing from USB?
moqwai

Post by moqwai »

See the post above. The USB-File showed AVC-Codec, with transcoding mpeg. Now, after discovering the failure,with tsmuxer and trough WMS it shows AVC, so no transcoding.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

moqwai wrote:See the post above. The USB-File showed AVC-Codec, with transcoding mpeg. Now, after discovering the failure,with tsmuxer and trough WMS it shows AVC, so no transcoding.
Settings-File types - mkv - Edit - DLNA: AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3
Probably will work
moqwai

Post by moqwai »

No, no change. Still not occuring.
moqwai

Post by moqwai »

New problems.

1. ) After forwarding avi or mpeg-files no sound comes up. At first start sounds works, after forwarding > silence. Even after stopping and resume the file. No problem with mkv or audiofiles.

2. ) Musicplaylist (generated with WMS) stopps playing after songs. Not really reproduceable, happens once in a while with different files at different times.
How can i add m3u or fpl playlists? I tried to add them, but there are not showing up.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

moqwai wrote:New problems.
1. ) After forwarding avi or mpeg-files no sound comes up. At first start sounds works, after forwarding > silence. Even after stopping and resume the file. No problem with mkv or audiofiles.
If the file is transcoded, it is better to use the choice time position means the player or through a folder Transcoding.
moqwai wrote:
2. ) Musicplaylist (generated with WMS) stopps playing after songs. Not really reproduceable, happens once in a while with different files at different times.
How can i add m3u or fpl playlists? I tried to add them, but there are not showing up.
WMS supports m3u-files for online resources, activate Music, from Windows Explorer drag the playlist file to the main form of the program, links in Internet-radio folder.