Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 / 470 / 570 / 770

stazna01

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 / 470 / 570 / 770

Post by stazna01 »

I recently got the BDP-S470 and am having issues being able to see any of my videos. I've shared a directory full of m2ts files and a few directories of MP4 files (both natively supported by my player). I can access the WMS no problem, but when I go to "All Movies" I get a "There is no playable file" error. If I scroll down to the "Transcoding" folder I can see the names of my files, but accessing the folders in there brings up the same "There is no playable file" error. I'm doing the trial and very much hoping this works so I can buy it, but right now I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

stazna01 wrote:I recently got the BDP-S470 and am having issues being able to see any of my videos. I've shared a directory full of m2ts files and a few directories of MP4 files (both natively supported by my player). I can access the WMS no problem, but when I go to "All Movies" I get a "There is no playable file" error. If I scroll down to the "Transcoding" folder I can see the names of my files, but accessing the folders in there brings up the same "There is no playable file" error. I'm doing the trial and very much hoping this works so I can buy it, but right now I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
I guess you picked the wrong section of XMB.
stazna01

Post by stazna01 »

Eugene wrote:
stazna01 wrote:I recently got the BDP-S470 and am having issues being able to see any of my videos. I've shared a directory full of m2ts files and a few directories of MP4 files (both natively supported by my player). I can access the WMS no problem, but when I go to "All Movies" I get a "There is no playable file" error. If I scroll down to the "Transcoding" folder I can see the names of my files, but accessing the folders in there brings up the same "There is no playable file" error. I'm doing the trial and very much hoping this works so I can buy it, but right now I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the reply, Eugene. That was support's first answer as well, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm under the "Video" section. When I go to "Video -> Movies -> All Movies" it loads for a little while before giving me the "There is no playable file" error. I also tried going into the "Watch Folders" folder and the "Transcoding" folders, but neither of those works either. I did a quick test with my xbox 360 (changing the profile of course) and was able to feed to my Xbox. Unfortunately the whole reason I want to get this working is for M2TS files which have to be transcoded for the Xbox, so I need it to work on the BDP-470. Any idea of settings to check?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

stazna01 wrote:
Eugene wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Eugene. That was support's first answer as well, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm under the "Video" section. When I go to "Video -> Movies -> All Movies" it loads for a little while before giving me the "There is no playable file" error. I also tried going into the "Watch Folders" folder and the "Transcoding" folders, but neither of those works either. I did a quick test with my xbox 360 (changing the profile of course) and was able to feed to my Xbox. Unfortunately the whole reason I want to get this working is for M2TS files which have to be transcoded for the Xbox, so I need it to work on the BDP-470. Any idea of settings to check?
Settings - Server - choice a device - Edit - Settings - Device Type: XBOX 360 (DLNA, 16:9,
Settings - Server - choice a device - Edit - Settings - Device Type: Sony BDP-S370/S470/S570/S770 (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)

If you manually set the transcoding profile in list of movies, then it works for all devices, perhaps your problem in this.
stazna01

Post by stazna01 »

Eugene wrote:
stazna01 wrote:
Eugene wrote:
Settings - Server - choice a device - Edit - Settings - Device Type: XBOX 360 (DLNA, 16:9,
Settings - Server - choice a device - Edit - Settings - Device Type: Sony BDP-S370/S470/S570/S770 (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)

If you manually set the transcoding profile in list of movies, then it works for all devices, perhaps your problem in this.
I'm not sure I follow you, but I've set both the "Settings - Device - Device Type" to the Sony BDP profile and I've set the "Settings - Server- my device - Edit -Settings - Device Type" to the Sony BDP profile. I'm still getting the same error. My device has the newest firmware, I can get it to share files to my Xbox 360, and my Sony BDP player can see the directories that host the MP4 and M2TS files. Unfortunately I can't get it to see the actual files. This is pretty frustrating, as I'd like to buy this, but it doesn't seem to work in my case.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

stazna01 wrote:
Eugene wrote:
stazna01 wrote:
Eugene wrote:

I'm not sure I follow you, but I've set both the "Settings - Device - Device Type" to the Sony BDP profile and I've set the "Settings - Server- my device - Edit -Settings - Device Type" to the Sony BDP profile. I'm still getting the same error. My device has the newest firmware, I can get it to share files to my Xbox 360, and my Sony BDP player can see the directories that host the MP4 and M2TS files. Unfortunately I can't get it to see the actual files. This is pretty frustrating, as I'd like to buy this, but it doesn't seem to work in my case.
What firmware version ?
stazna01

Post by stazna01 »

I'm on M04.R.624

I should also mention that Windows Media Player is able to stream to it, although it transcodes things that don't need to be transcoded.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

stazna01 wrote:I'm on M04.R.624
In this version there is no problem with WMS
Kareem33

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 & MKV Playback

Post by Kareem33 »

Hello,

I have a BDP-S370, Firmware M03R623, WMS 1.04.7 with Default Device settings for Sony-BDP S370:

I can play .MKV files but:
1) They are recognised as M2TS, is this due to the transcoder for the device settings?.
2)1280x720 H264 AC3 2+ Gig files only play first 8 or so minutes, unless I rename the file extension to .AVI
3) 1920x1080 H264 FLAC 4+ Gig file plays very pixellated, cycling between 3 & 20 Mbps according tot he S370 Display.
I have tried both a Wired (Cat5E) and Wireless (Wireless-N Router to Sony USB Wireless N) Internet/Network setup for 3), but they still play pixelated. The file is fine as I can play direct from PC to LCD.
If I rename it to AVI it video is fine, but I lose audio...
If I burn to a DVD, it is recognised as MKV, but the S370 mustn't support FLAC in a MKV file as it says 'Audio Not Supported', Video is fine though...

Anyone else experienced this, any suggestions?
Eugene

Re: Sony blu-ray players: BDP-S370 & MKV Playback

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
Kareem33 wrote: I have a BDP-S370, Firmware M03R623, WMS 1.04.7 with Default Device settings for Sony-BDP S370:
I can play .MKV files but:
1) They are recognised as M2TS, is this due to the transcoder for the device settings?.
Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - Movies - add mkv
Settings - "File Types" - mkv - Edit - Mime-type: video/avi or video/divx
In my experience, the player supports mkv very weak
Kareem33 wrote: 2)1280x720 H264 AC3 2+ Gig files only play first 8 or so minutes, unless I rename the file extension to .AVI
3) 1920x1080 H264 FLAC 4+ Gig file plays very pixellated, cycling between 3 & 20 Mbps according tot he S370 Display.
I have tried both a Wired (Cat5E) and Wireless (Wireless-N Router to Sony USB Wireless N) Internet/Network setup for 3), but they still play pixelated. The file is fine as I can play direct from PC to LCD.
If I rename it to AVI it video is fine, but I lose audio...
If I burn to a DVD, it is recognised as MKV, but the S370 mustn't support FLAC in a MKV file as it says 'Audio Not Supported', Video is fine though...
Do not use WiFi connection for viewing HD-movies. WiFi does not provide the required speed and stability of the transmission of content.