Video playback issues on Sony KDL-46XBR9

buckeyetc

Video playback issues on Sony KDL-46XBR9

Post by buckeyetc »

I recently installed the latest download of Wild Media Server and subsequently the latest update file to version 74. It works fine for music, photos and for the most of the DVD movies I have ripped to my hard drive. However I am having a few issues I hope someone may be able to advise me on.

1. On a few of the movies I either get no sound or the sound goes in and out sporadically. These are movies that show as dolby digital on the tv display. The sound on these same movies is perfectly fine when played directly off my PC using PowerDVD9 or WMP11, so I don't think it is an issue with the movie files themselves.
2. I am unable to get any sound at all when playing any DTS encoded DVD's that have been ripped to my hard drive.
3. When playing some captured video shot off of a mini dv camcorder, the video is jerky.

FYI - I selected Sony TV 1920 X 1080 as the device. Not sure if using the higher resolution setting is causing the jerkiness mentioned in point 3 above. The server I am using is a P4 3.06Ghz processor with hyperthreading with 1.5 GB of rdram. Hardly state of the art I realize, but I thought adequate enough for what it is being used for. Any help would be appreciated.