Setting up custom Folder Structure

djo_34

Setting up custom Folder Structure

Post by djo_34 »

I'm using a LG BD-390 with WMS 0.72.2 on Windows Server 2008 x64.
When I go to My Media on the LG player, is has a folder like "All Media" which I have to go into to see the top level of the WMS.
Coincidentally, I only want to see three folders: Movies, Music, Photos ... which WMS just happens to have hard-coded as top-level folders.
Inside of Movies, I want to add my folders "H:\Action", "I:\Drama", "J:\Horror" etc, so in Movies I just see MY scanned folders.
I know I can hide most of the folders, but how do I skip the "Watch Folders" directory? I want to see Movies/Action, Movies/Drama, etc. I don't want to drill down into a useless folder.
How can I rename the top-level folders of Movies, Music, Photos? Disable them? Add others?
I also have a Music folder S:\Music. If I scan that folder, I have to go to Music/Watch Folders/Music/ to see the artists.
I can scan each artist folder, but that is a lot of work. I simply want to watch the S:\Music directory and have all folders/subfolders display within a top-level folder Music in the server menu. How can I do this?
djo_34

Re: Setting up custom Folder Structure

Post by djo_34 »

I think I found it. I think it was the "Skipping intermediate folder".
Eugene

Re: Setting up custom Folder Structure

Post by Eugene »

djo_34 wrote:I'm using a LG BD-390 with WMS 0.72.2 on Windows Server 2008 x64.
When I go to My Media on the LG player, is has a folder like "All Media" which I have to go into to see the top level of the WMS.
Coincidentally, I only want to see three folders: Movies, Music, Photos ... which WMS just happens to have hard-coded as top-level folders.
Inside of Movies, I want to add my folders "H:\Action", "I:\Drama", "J:\Horror" etc, so in Movies I just see MY scanned folders.
I know I can hide most of the folders, but how do I skip the "Watch Folders" directory? I want to see Movies/Action, Movies/Drama, etc. I don't want to drill down into a useless folder.
How can I rename the top-level folders of Movies, Music, Photos? Disable them? Add others?
I also have a Music folder S:\Music. If I scan that folder, I have to go to Music/Watch Folders/Music/ to see the artists.
I can scan each artist folder, but that is a lot of work. I simply want to watch the S:\Music directory and have all folders/subfolders display within a top-level folder Music in the server menu. How can I do this?
djo_34 wrote:I think I found it. I think it was the "Skipping intermediate folder".
Yes, you can use this mode. Also, for an custom structuring can use the folder Collections (Playlists, Albums), their formation can be automated using scripts processing of media resources (Settings-Processing). Setting custom structure will be in future versions.