How to copy/edit transcode settings under server interface?

Visnet

How to copy/edit transcode settings under server interface?

Post by Visnet »

Hi,

I am testing WMS in my configuration. I have to say I am impressed. So far WMS is doing a lot better then the other media servers I have been playing with so far.

I have one question though. I have several series, films with 10 or more items. Most of them need the same settings, like subtitles, spoken language and sometimes the delay settings. Through the TV interface I can set everything pretty easy under settings of a movie, but I would like to be able to copy those settings to the rest of the series with the server interface.

I have tried to set subtitles to "dut" in settings, but it does not seem to apply when I start a movie for some reason. But even if this would work, I do have to adjust sound delays on specific movies.

I know this might be a newbie question, but can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Wim
Eugene

Re: How to copy/edit transcode settings under server interfa

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Visnet wrote: I am testing WMS in my configuration. I have to say I am impressed. So far WMS is doing a lot better then the other media servers I have been playing with so far.

I have one question though. I have several series, films with 10 or more items. Most of them need the same settings, like subtitles, spoken language and sometimes the delay settings. Through the TV interface I can set everything pretty easy under settings of a movie, but I would like to be able to copy those settings to the rest of the series with the server interface.

I have tried to set subtitles to "dut" in settings, but it does not seem to apply when I start a movie for some reason. But even if this would work, I do have to adjust sound delays on specific movies.

I know this might be a newbie question, but can anyone help me with this?
Unfortunately, simple and fast solution "Through the TV interface"
Visnet

Post by Visnet »

Eugene,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Maybe this could be a item for the wishlist then? I have a hard time explaing the wife she will have to remember the settings when she starts a new episode.
The alternative would be me setting every episode in advance per movie, but I'd rather do this with e few mouse clicks ( I know... I am lazy :D )

So far I am a very positive tester!

Wim
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Visnet wrote: Maybe this could be a item for the wishlist then? I have a hard time explaing the wife she will have to remember the settings when she starts a new episode.
The alternative would be me setting every episode in advance per movie, but I'd rather do this with e few mouse clicks ( I know... I am lazy :D )
Many devices - many settings, but I'll think about the solution